PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership can't figure out which way is up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 AM

ain731,

I'm sorry to hear about your hummer. I know how frustrating it is! I am by no means a mechanic, but I can list the items they replaced in my truck... In my (uneducated) opinion, it sounds like yours might be related to a bad battery.

I picked my Hummer up this morning and so far no problems. I haven't tried to start it cold yet. I will test it out at lunch today and run it through the paces where it would have stalled in the past.

Yesterday, they replaced the steering wheel position sensor. Prior to that, they replaced the fuel pump sensor, fuel pump, evap valve, flushed the differentials, did a throttle body service, put in a new battery, cleaned the fuel injectors...I'm sure I'm missing something. They serviced a whole litany of items. I'm not sure which item(s), if any, were the solution. I've only put 15 miles on the Hummer since I picked it up. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope your truck is still under warranty. If so, I'd just tow it to the most reputable GM dealership around you and let them work through it. If you run into problems, I've found GM's TAC (1-866-hummer6) to be helpful.

Sorry I can't offer more assistance.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyinTX

hummerguy, TAC insists that I keep the vehicle at Sewell in Grapevine.
I understand their logic of keeping the same crew on it (don't want to re-do everything and go through the same 'no-luck' process) - but switching service places is ultimately your decision. It may be worth a call to a service manager (not assistant service manager - they'll just tell you to come in no matter what) at the Dallas store, let them know what's going on, if that location is closer to you - insist that you go there and they try to fix it there. GM warranty cannot dictate where you get your car fixed, and considering their not even HUMMER certified (and the Dallas Caddy/Hummer service on Lemmon is) - you have good reason to switch.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Good info to know, Hummer Guy. I live in Valley Ranch, so I'm about equal distance from both dealerships. So far so good with the Hummer. I did two cold starts at lunch today and had no problems starting it. It hasn't stalled on me (or acted like it's about to stall) yet. I'm ecstatic! Let's hope it keeps running well

Will Dallas Cadillac on Lemmon give you a loaner free of charge?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyinTX
Good info to know, Hummer Guy. I live in Valley Ranch, so I'm about equal distance from both dealerships. So far so good with the Hummer. I did two cold starts at lunch today and had no problems starting it. It hasn't stalled on me (or acted like it's about to stall) yet. I'm ecstatic! Let's hope it keeps running well

Will Dallas Cadillac on Lemmon give you a loaner free of charge?
Glad things to be looking up.

Yes, all Sewell stores will provide a loan car - some require an appointment to do so - when I left a few years ago, the Caddy store owned something like 250 loan cars that they rotate every year for new ones - it may be more now. You may even get priority since you purchased from a Sewell dealer. You can also get free car washes at any Sewell service location.