PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership can't figure out which way is up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 AM

I picked up the Hummer from the dealership last night. The tech they flew in installed a new MAF sensor and changed the throttle position. I've put 30 miles on it so far and it hasn't stalled. ::thumbs up!::

Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by JJJ
That could be anything from something very minor as a bad spark or the timing or emissions, to something much worse like a blown head gasket. I agree with xllkoyokollx, you need to find a more knowledgeable mechanic and one who is going to work with you if the repair is not fixed. Even a great mechanic might not know the exact problem when you bring it in, but will have it narrowed down to a few things. From the list of repairs performed already, they are all over the place and seems they don't have a clue to whats wrong.
If it was the head gasket oil and coolant would mix and be very easy to spot and the rest of your potentials would show up as codes and be pretty easy to diag. She mentions the air flow sensor in another post (and apparently this one now too, lol) and that could be a culprit without tripping a diag code causing it to basically cut of air flow to the engine stalling it out.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:52 PM

No good news. It stalled three times yesterday. The dealership recommended I put a new battery in. We installed a new battery last night. The Hummer stalled again this morning. I brought it right back home and now I'm in my husband's truck. I have a claim into GM's TAC. I'm waiting to hear back on where they want me to take the Hummer. Any recommendations on techs in DFW? I'm feeling helpless and hopeless at this point...

Old 06-17-2011, 01:39 AM

I may have missed it in the posts above but do you kow if they ever re-flashed your computer?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 AM

I only found the one I liked and stupid me I didn't get all his contact info just in case. He was at Sewell hummer near the airport, they had just converted over to the Sabb dealership but the hummer techs were still there. I learned more about my ride in the 5 minutes I spent chatting with him than I did from all the service records and the other techs who looked at it. I'm going to be doing more work on my rig at the end of the month and next month so I will keep me eye out. I know it doesn't help you now but sounds like you got very unlucky here with issues way outside the norm.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 AM

I had this problem years ago in another vehicle and believe it or not it was the fuel filter.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM

i would start by seeing if your fuel pressure holds after you cycle the key and if it dont you might have a leaking down injector or regulator .this would give you a hard start problem.also might check all connectors to pcm for bad connctions.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 AM

Update: The car is still at the dealership. They hooked it up to some machine yesterday and figured out that the computer that tells the fuel pump when to run is not working properly. They are going to fix that and then let me drive it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Good guess Gunner. Ref lash will probably solve the problem or new ECM.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 PM

The jury is still out until Ashley signs off on it......but........

You would have thought that would be the first (most cost effective) thing they did.

Quick Reply: Dealership can't figure out which way is up!