PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership can't figure out which way is up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:36 PM

Depends if they are charging for any of it or not. I have found that unless the dealership was a "Hummer" dealer, or at least one of the truck dealers, their mechanics just miss the mark on most things Hummer.

I'm not a professional mechanic so I do use one when I have to, I stick with the former Hummer dealer and a couple guys who work in the motorpool for the Army. Never had anything go this stray.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM

I'm confused - you say it costs a lot of money but by going to those dealerships that can service Hummers would imply it's under warranty?

There are some good techs at the Subaru store (formerly HUMMER of Dallas) - Kevin the tech actually owns an H2 himself. If you're not trying to do warranty any Sewell store will accept the business.

Did you buy it from the Grapevine store? They were never a Hummer dealer/service center and aren't a HUMMER authorized service center...

Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Is Kevin darker complexion with short black hair? The subaru place downtown off lemon was the only place I've ever been to where I felt like I was talking to someone who actually knew what they were doing. I think I'm heading there for my airbags and ball joints after my experience with the sewell cadillac dealership a block south.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Brian,

It only makes sense to take your Hummer to a GM-certified dealership if you are unsure what is wrong with it. I only have powertrain warranty left. If it is something wrong with the powertrain, then it would need to be serviced at a GM-certified dealership.

At this point, I'm working with GM's TAC program. They insisted that the Hummer stay at the Sewell dealership. Sewell Grapevine is the only Sewell dealership in the metroplex that is GM-certified. I'm impressed with GM's TAC program. They've made quite an effort to help resolve this.

We just got a call from the dealership this morning saying it is ready for pick-up! Hallelujah. I REALLY hope the problem is fixed. The dealership made these repairs free of charge. They are truly doing all they can to make this right. I really hope the truck is finally fixed.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyinTX
Sewell Grapevine is the only Sewell dealership in the metroplex that is GM-certified.
Unless you're not including Dallas in the metroplex, this is incorrect.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Is Kevin darker complexion with short black hair? The subaru place downtown off lemon was the only place I've ever been to where I felt like I was talking to someone who actually knew what they were doing. I think I'm heading there for my airbags and ball joints after my experience with the sewell cadillac dealership a block south.
Opposite - bigger white guy with lighter hair. I don't know if they'll still work on them or not - but I'm guessing that service department isn't turning down work of any kind right now. (unless it's warranty).

Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM

The Caddy store on Lemon is where I've been taking mine for warranty work and is, as far as I know.....HUMMER certified.

If they are not working there, I would assume that the Caddy store has access to any remaining HUMMER techs at their other facilities.

(Not that there are many of them left).

Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 AM

Soooo, is it fixed Ashley??

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 AM

No, unfortunately not, colbymh. I went to pick it up last night and before I even had a chance to sit in it, the service advisor told me the stabilitrak light had come on. A 45-minute drive (each way) wasted. I've got another call into the TAC. The stabilitrak light has been on and off since I bought the Hummer 10 weeks ago. Supposedly a new battery would fix that, but apparently not.

hummerguy, TAC insists that I keep the vehicle at Sewell in Grapevine.

Anyone wanna buy my Hummer?? I've put 100 miles on it since I bought it and I'm ready to sell! I'm the sure the necessary repair is something easy and minor. I'm just beating my head against my wall waiting for someone to figure out what the needed repair is. It's white with the cinnamon leather...it's the luxury package with nav and chrome inserts. Electric running boards, Warn wench, PIAA lights. Tires have less than 30 miles on them. 2008 with 58k miles.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 AM

Hey Ashley, was the dealer able to figure out what was wrong with the truck? Mine just started to stall with the same symptoms. The only difference is that after a couple of days of hard starts and rough idle the car completely went dead. no lights in the dash with ignition in the "on" position, the key is also getting stuck in the ignition. I'm beginning to think that this might be cause by the computer. If you have any news on yours please share them ASAP. I will do the same on this end. Thank you

Quick Reply: Dealership can't figure out which way is up!