Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

power seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 PM

btw, the circuit breaker is under the driver seat, 25 amp.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:25 PM

U might have to buy a NEW seat ....

Old 11-23-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Roelofse
Hey everyone... it has been a long time, and I have still not been able to get this issue resolved.... NOT FOR LACK of trying though, and it is bringing me down.

I have called no less than 5 Hummer dealerships (that only do repairs), Hummer Head Office, a few other GM dealerships, and they all tell me to check the fuses. Please forgive me, but I have checked the damn fuses, and the more I tell them that, the more they tell me to check the fuses. I was then told that the motor is out... and when I tell them that both seats died at the same time, they tell me it must be the fuses.... aaargggg!!!

So, the point is, my front electric seats are not working, and of course the driver seat is stuck too far back.

Has anyone perhaps run into this issue since the last post, or perhaps have any ideas at all - I am starting to wonder if I am not able to get my message across properly with the dealerships. Of course, I could go to a dealership, but the closest one is now 9 hours from me.

Help would be very much appreciated!
I had the exact problem! Solution was to undo all the electrical connections, put dielectric grease on them, clip all back together and go for another 2-3 years until repeating

Old 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by George Ehr
I had the exact problem! Solution was to undo all the electrical connections, put dielectric grease on them, clip all back together and go for another 2-3 years until repeating
OLD THREAD Alert!

Thread archaeology is frowned upon here and just not needed, not now, not later.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Default I have a similar issue.....

I have a 2008 H3 and today my front driver's electric seat is dead. It does nothing. No power is evident. I looked at the 61 breaker in the engine compartment and it seemed OK. I did not know how to test it though. I unbolted the seat and looked under it and I could not find the fuse that is talked about in all the threads. Can anybody direct me to it? Thanks.

Old 08-16-2023, 11:55 AM
Default Problem Solved

Originally Posted by Autobot85
so both my power seats are not working anymore... But the seat warmer still works. Any suggestions?
I had the same issue both seats stopped working simultaneously and the #61 relay was fine. Under the driver seat are a couple harnesses one has a built in relay that must be unplugged & replugged. It's that simple. Unplugging from the driver side reset both passenger & driver. I've uploaded a pic of the harness to unplug. It is white

Unplug this harness on the driver side and it will restore power to both seats

Old 08-16-2023, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by philipasanford
I had the same issue both seats stopped working simultaneously and the #61 relay was fine. Under the driver seat are a couple harnesses one has a built in relay that must be unplugged & replugged. It's that simple. Unplugging from the driver side reset both passenger & driver. I've uploaded a pic of the harness to unplug. It is white

Unplug this harness on the driver side and it will restore power to both seats
Guess he missed the OLD THREAD ALERT!