Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

power seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 AM

Yeah, I have checked that there is nothing in the way and they were neither all the way forward, backward up or down. Also, neither of the two seats are moving.

Having electric things is nice, but sometimes they are a real pain in the butt, as right now I cannot budge them.

At forst I thought it was sometime like the motor or something, but since neither of them are moving it is what I am not getting. I suppose there could be a single module or controller that manages this, but what and where?

Thanks for that pointer though.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Banned

Ouch. Thats a tough one. Maybe wait it out and see what others have to say. Otherwise I'd say a trip to the dealer is in hand

Old 06-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Yeah, I just wish the closest dealer was not around 1.5 hours away from me - I guess I will try calling them and see what they say... but of course you also know what the answer will include... big bucks

Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Whoa 1.5 hours thats rough man. Sorry Do you have a warranty? Thats why I always yell at my wife for repeatedly messing with power stuff. I always tell her *** that some day it's gonna burn out then she's screwed and its not getting fixed lol.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Nah - no warranty, it is a 2006. The crazy thing is there is hardly ever any changes made to the seat settings, it is mostly only me that drives it. I pushed the seats back while cleaning the car, and well, now the seat is stuck too far back.

Like I have also said, electric is nice, but hey man, there is nothing wrong with manual seats... I wish that is what I had in this - how often do you adjust your seats anyway?!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Banned

Are you POSITIVE the seats aren't all the way down? If they are all the way down to the floor they wont do anything.

I never adjust the seat. My wife and I actually sit in the same exact seating position, so the only thing we have to adjust are the mirrors.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:10 PM

I would not put my life on it, but I am pretty damn sure. But let's say that are all the way down... how would I fix that then? Because as you say, right now they will do nothing, and the lumber adjustment does not work either (if this changes anything) - but the heated seats do work - which is great for the 90 degree days we are having right now (They do switch off though )

Old 06-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned

You sure lumbar isn't working? It's hard to tell sometimes..

But if the seats are all the way down, grab the vertical plastic button and lift up on it to raise the seats up. This should allow them to start functioning. Otherwise there are a few spots where there are fuses I'd check.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:21 PM

Yes, the lumbar is certainly not working... and I have already tried to lift the seats up with the button, but that does not work either. I have checked all the fuses too- the only thing I cannot see if they are in tact is the cercuit breakers in the fuse box, but none of them seemed to be related to the seats. All fuses are 100%.

Just a reminder too - the seats before did stop working, and then just started working again, which was rare to notice since they are hardly used, but then when the car was turned off, and back on, they started working again, but now they are dead.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

I've heard there are 2 sections to check for fuses. Check out my message to you. But if the other section's fuses are ok, then I'd say "Dealership" lol.

Quick Reply: power seats not working