Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

power seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Unhappy 2006 H3 power seats not working

both my power seats are not working
But the seat warmer still works.
40A Fuse #61 fine

How do you think?

Where will be the relay?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Banned
Default seat all forward??

if so, only a first grader could drive!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:33 AM

the issue with mine was actually the popped fuse. every time i would put a new one in, it would instantly pop again.

I finally got it fixed a couple weeks ago.

i disconnected all the wiring harness' under the seats, then put in a new fuse.

i believe there are a total of 4 wiring harness' for the power seats. they are under the seats in the very back. just go through the back door, look under the front seat with a flashlight, and they are right there. 2 wiring harness' per seat. fairly easy to get to and disconnect.

the fuse didnt pop right when i put a new one in, so that was a start. after the new fuse was put in, i would re-connect each wiring harness one by one. each time i would go out and re-check the fuse to see if it popped (doing this would help narrow down exactly where the problem was).

once i reconnected each wiring harness, the fuse still didnt pop, and the seats worked fine. still to this day i have no clue what caused it, but im just happy it works now.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM

Hey everyone... it has been a long time, and I have still not been able to get this issue resolved.... NOT FOR LACK of trying though, and it is bringing me down.

I have called no less than 5 Hummer dealerships (that only do repairs), Hummer Head Office, a few other GM dealerships, and they all tell me to check the fuses. Please forgive me, but I have checked the damn fuses, and the more I tell them that, the more they tell me to check the fuses. I was then told that the motor is out... and when I tell them that both seats died at the same time, they tell me it must be the fuses.... aaargggg!!!

So, the point is, my front electric seats are not working, and of course the driver seat is stuck too far back.

Has anyone perhaps run into this issue since the last post, or perhaps have any ideas at all - I am starting to wonder if I am not able to get my message across properly with the dealerships. Of course, I could go to a dealership, but the closest one is now 9 hours from me.

Help would be very much appreciated!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:44 PM

how did tss hummer fix his seats

Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 PM

im putting electric seats im my h3. I need to find a harness for my seats..any one ever make one up. i have heat and lumbar. thanks

Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 PM

HELP. I have the same issue with the seats in my H3. Neither of the seats seem to have power to move. I have checked the fuse and it seems fine but other than that I am lost. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks. 2006 Hummer H3

Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM

40 amp fuse number 61, is all I see. they have a circuit breaker but they should reset if overloaded.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

I took the side cover off the bottom of the seat and someone had plugged the seat up though the tracks and it just came unplugged when my child moved the seat all the way up. I was lucky easy fix but it's worth checking. Good luck

Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM

I don't know how anyone else fixed their seat

Quick Reply: power seats not working