PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question to all HUMMER owners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 PM

You know i bought my 03 H2 in may and love it it is def the best riding vehicle i have ever driven, But since china bought them i dont have the same feeling i had about it when i think Hummer I think AMERICAN ARMY and that is one reason i got it my Dad is a Full Bird Col in the Army and i have been around humvees all my life. But i just think its wrong because that is an American icon now i feel like its a Honda Civic what do you guys think?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned
Talking small minded people drive geo metro

small thinking didnt make America #1 in everything, we think big and build big and do big things while small minded people watch and wonder.they should move to a small country that doesent even make cars.

this is a forum for hummers so drivers of lawnmowers with doors can and should just mind their business and set up their own little toy car forum.

they should also stop or be stopped from trying to tear down the great country that lets them freely babble about every little thing they thing OTHER people are doing wrong.

WE NEED TO DRILL MORE HOLES RIGHT HERE IN USA AND USE OUR OWN DAMN OIL. we could get back to 99 cent gas with a little more freedom to drill and refine.

and tell the outsiders to drink their oil and go pound sand.

h3 owner and love every minute in it!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 AM

LMFAO....this guy has pissed some people off!! Myself included but everyone has pretty much said anything I could think of. Who woulda thunk that Hummer owners are so intelligent! lol!! Good job guys I think he gets our hint, Get the F-outta here.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:39 PM

The primary way the small car manufacturers reduce fuel consumption is to build them small, light weight, and underpowered. You can't defeat the laws of physics. This economical combination translates into serious personal injury in the event of a moderate accident. If you ever saw a presidential limousine or a military transport vehicle up close, you would understand the value of a solidly built automobile. The extra money I spend on H2 gas would not come close to paying the medical bills for the occupants of one of those little gas mileage cars in a crash. Consider your Hummer fuel bills cheap insurance against a life changing injury in the event of a collision, not to mention the comfort we are enjoying. It's all about priorities. We each have our own...I choose Hummer.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Default Hummer

I believe that most Hummer driver did not buy there vehicles regardless of modle for it's gas mileage. I bought a used 03 H-2 which I purchased since I wanted a good sized 4X4. And when I am asked what type of gas mileage it gets I tell who ever it is that it gets the same if not slightly better mileage than a few 3/4 ton pick up's. So insted of trying to say it's your right, think about it. If you just want to burn gas then put in a bigger engine or go for a jet turbine. I bought my H-2 because I like the style and comfort, plus it will haul my family as well is my trailer with ease.

Just my two cents worth.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM

I think that to base your American patriotism on the car you drive is pretty stupid. Even with an "American" car brand, you're most likely buying a car that was DESIGNED in the US, assembled in Mexico from parts made in Canada.

As I sit in my Hummer H3 right now and pull out the cup holder to find a neon green "Made in Mexico" sticker on it, I don't really care. If having that cup holder made in Mexico means not only that some Mexican factory worker has a job instead of living in the slums, and that perhaps I get my H3 for a little less $, that's fine.

I think it's REALLY stupid to say it's un-American to buy gas. What's MORE un-American is to delay being the leaders and innovators by developing cleaner burning fuels. The biggest challenge the world is facing today is to develop all the energy that we need in an environmentally way. It's going to be gas, solar, wind, nuclear and liquified natural gas. We're going to need it all.

ExxonMobil has found ways to transport as much as 80 per cent more liquified natural gas than what was possible before. And they're American.

By the way, I'm Canadian.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 PM

...wheres the eye roll...

As for the Hummer bashing....
Name:  awwjeez.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  19.9 KB

Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that bashing Hummers is accepted as part of the culture. Hummer = irresponsible.

Jeep Wranglers on the other hand are cute little vehicles. And not to demean Wranglers but my wife's '09 JK Unlimited gets 1 MPG better than my '07 H3 Adventure.

I'm sooo confused. It must be the global warming - it's responsible for everything else.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM

Geeeze, First a Geo Metro owner, than a Canadian,
The thing that impressed me about a Hummer, we had a huge wreck with a Hummer H2 vs a large Dodge 3/4 ton.
The Hummer blew the Dodge away, all that was left of the Dodge was the chassis with the motor sitting in the frame. The cab and box were blown off. It unfortunatley killed a grandmother and her grandchild.
The Hummer took some front end damage, and minor injuries to the driver. However the Hummer driver was at fault, he had 5 drugs in his system and crossed the center line.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Metrodriver has contradicted himself in his original posting, he said that "every gallon of gas you buy feeds the enemy" doesn't the geo metro only run on gas, and when you say "my friends big ole 6.0 doesn't get warm in a 5 mile trip" are you relating this to some form of mechanical skills you have, because my vehicle is usually warm after a couple of miles, and who is to say what warm is, if you let your vehicle idle for 20 minutes then I don't see how it could be cold still 5 miles down the road. The best part about your original posting is at the end when you say "If you just drive your Hummer on the weekend, don't worry about this thread. But if you commute in it, this thread is for you" what difference does it make when you drive a gas guzzler like you stated. Your still feeding the enemy... right!!!

Quick Reply: Question to all HUMMER owners...