PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question to all HUMMER owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Oni

its not what you drive, its how you drive it that matters...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk

and as far as "feeding" the enemy? Afghanistan produces 90% of the world's opium and thats how al qaeda makes most of their money to buy weapons and pay insurgents. it would help us alot of you told the rest of the world to stop using drugs. We also get most of our diamonds from africa who hire rebels that enslaved their own people to hunt for jewels but your not going to tell your wife or fiance to get rid of her ring to support the cause.
Hummers are badass and I've always wanted one since I graduated hs in 2003. 5 years in the army with 2 tours to iraq and a purple heart (got shot in the leg in an ambush) I bought my hummer and an RX-7 because they were my dream cars. I'm a combat conractor now and we use ghetto armor suburbans, F250s, and H2s. i'd rather die in the H2, at least i'll die comfortable lol.
life if too short to hate on anyone else. its ok to have nice things especially if you worked hard and earn your money honestly. you only live once and i'd rather live like a lion for 1 day than a sheep for 100.

anyways. support our troops

Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MetroDriver
You've played a good hand here, but I haven't shown you all my cards.
Where does our oil come from?
"[...] I bought it from a guy locally, not new."

I buy my gas from an independent retailer, so, by your logic, it doesn't really matter where it originally came from.

regarding you not showing all your cards, judging from your replies, I'd be surprised if you were holding a pair of Jacks.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Question

haha you are more pathetic than one would imagine.

Maybe so, but at least i dont drive a geo metro and if i did, do you think i would actually admit it!

Old 09-02-2009, 02:53 PM

I haven't read the whole thread just the first post.

I daily drive an H1. About 7000-10,000 miles a year. I converted it to run Biodiesel so I used to run locally created fuel and running B99 it's for the most part carbon neutral.

Mean average fuel consumption over the last 2 years, about 14 mpg, mostly city and off road driving. [This is calculated via the computers ECU statistics on the injection pump, along with fuel receipts]

Today I'm running mostly B5 biodiesel because the California State Water Resource Board decided that storing any biodiesel underground is too toxic and banned underground storage of Blends over B20.

So B100/B99 which is non-toxic is now a no go at fuel stations in CA, until they get the standards issue sorted out.

As for pollution, passenger vehicle pollution is a small part of the picture, compared to shipping and heavy industry. ROLO/Container ships emit huge amounts of carbon to haul cardboard and scrap metal to asia and bring back manufactured goods here.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/02/r...-equal-that-o/

So if someone wants to feel better by "helping the environment" by buying a prius, shopping at whole foods, and changing lightbulbs, more power to them.

Personally, I'd keep maintaining and running older cars, buy less things, and plant a few trees and not stress about it.

As for Hummer, even factoring in the H2 and H3, is a very small production run vehicle. You have just over 200,000 hummers. If you reduce it down to the H1 then you have around 7,000 stateside.

That is production numbers for almost 20 years of the brand by the way. It's a niche product, and the pollution generated by which would amount to a wet fart in a hurricane.

Now lets pick Toyota, a "green" company. They make 200,000 Tundra's a year, include their suv's and you have the number over half a million trucks a year for the US market.

How about Ford? About 800,000+ F-series sold per year.

So you have these trucks which more or less get the same mileage as an Hummer, [My H1 gets better mileage than my old jeep Cherokee and that thing weighed half as much!] but that's apparently ok.

I but I can hear people say..."Hey people buy those trucks for work, more so than hummer owners!".

Really? 90% of trucks out there aren't utilized to their full extent for work every day. I easily say that on the SUV side of things, 99% Of Hummers, Jeeps, FJ's never see dirt.

So on that note, anyone who screams that I'm destroying the environment by driving a Hummer vs a Jeep or F150 has a serious bug up their butt.

As for empowering "our" enemy, last time I checked, the largest exporter of oil to the United States is....

Canada! [I grew up in Newfoundland and Labrador, and we had a lot of big oil projects on the go out there like Alberta]

With all that being said, I just drive and work on my truck and don't worry about it. Public feed back on the H1 out there has been far more positive than negative by a factor of 100 or more.

Last edited by BigKofJustice; 09-02-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Not a troll, well technically yes, but I did not start this thread as a true "troll" would.
1. I can agree, but I would like to see the "off road" you need to handle. An F150 or Sliverado could probably handle it.
2. I am not arguing the "need" for your car, I am talking to the people that commute in it.
2b. I would like to see you drive a half mile across the lake in front of my house and tell me how that goes. No problem, I can call the rescue squad.
3. (wasn't directed towards me)
4. Can't exactly join the military, I have a heart problem.
Yes an F150 or Silverado might well handle it, but in 4WD they get no better MPG than my H3. They also do not carry my load of people, animals, and cargo. More to the point is that you fall into the stereotype trap. Hummer = bad = planet destroyer. Ford F150 = good = mother, apple pie, greenie-ness.

As to your heart problem, sorry to hear it but it still rankles me to hear REMF's even imply that those have served are un-American. It would be sort of like a presidential candidate who never served calling out a war hero on patriotism. Oh wait, that happened - well truth is stranger than friction.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM

i agree with everyone here other than metro, obviously. what bigKofjustice said was true. a silverado or a f150 could NOT do what a H3 does, not even getting to the H1. and hey you can go green and go stroll around in the daisies naked and be one with the land. and be totaly ignorant to what you are saying. no one here cares, just dont come in the hummer forums ranting on about it cause we dont give a rats bottom. and ignorant is the word because my H3 gets better milage than a prosche cayenne turbo or a grand Cherokee, and i wouldnt trade it for a ferrari. what silverado makes you feel like that?

most cars are like this. they either serve a purpose. but are dull and boring, and the only reason you buy them is so you can fulfill that purpose. like the silverado or the Hilux or tundra.

other cars make you feel awesome, but are either rubbish, or insanely unpractical.

now what hummer has done is bring those two categories together in the most amazing way and i love it. and buddy.... i suggest you make the most outa your life too cause you are just depriving yourself from the wonders of the world. and slightly annoying others.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 PM

My question is, what the hell is it to you what I drive? For one, do you even own a Hummer? If not, why are you here on the site. This is for people who own and enjoy the Hummer. I bought an H3 because:
1. The price was right.
2. I love the looks.
3. It's the best riding vehicle I have owned to date.
Can I afford to put gas in it? Yes. Do I care what you drive? No. I have served my country so people like you have the right to buy/do what you want. To bad you have a heart condition and can't serve. Not my problem. I just can't see the reason you would come on here and ask a question like you did for no other reason other than to spout off about your "tree-hugging" ways. Good for you. If you think by driving around in that Metro of yours is going to make any difference in the way the world is going, drink more of the Kool-Aid. I choose to enjoy and be proud of what I drive.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 PM

What can you do about it anyways..just a fact did you know that complete electric cars and cars that can even run on H2O have been invented and can actually work the oil company bought the patten off the people that invented them so it wouldnt put them out of buisness one reason fuel prices are up. The fact is what can you do about it...nothing at all you just have to sit here and watch it happen on the news about fuel. If i drove a Geo Metro the only thing i would be worried about is what the person beside me at the red light was thinking like for instance when i see one i think that thing is so ugly or it has hub caps or if just looks gay.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 AM

Someone needs to frame what stonemiser said. amen to that. so Mr.Troll. please stop trying to ruin the great atmosphere in these forums.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 AM

I drive the H3 everyday, and I commute about 30minutes. I have always wanted a humvee from the military and couldn't afford it, when they came out with the h1 it was so ridiculous that when the h2 came out I still laughed then cried, then the h3 which was a little more affordable, but I found one used that was a lease before and I did a carfax report, I found that it came from Albany, NY. So I called the dealership their and asked them about the people who owned before me and it turned out the guy I was talking to leased it for it's baby years. So I think that it is just a preference on what you want to drive and can afford.

Quick Reply: Question to all HUMMER owners...