PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to all HUMMER owners...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Default Question to all HUMMER owners...

I used to LOVE the H1 and I thought the H2 was pretty cool. Now all I see are H2's with 24's, etc. These are not off road vehicles, in the least bit. It's like putting mudding tires on a Civic. What kind of gas mileage do you guys get on say a 5 mile trip with speeds under 50mph? I ask because of friend of mine claims to get 10mpg but I feel that it would be much lower because the big ole 6.0 doesn't get warm during the entire trip. I've owned TONS of gas guzzlers in my years, but I wised up and no longer commute in trucks. I bought a Geo Metro, yes a total ego blow but I figured it was the right thing to do. I think buying it was 10x more "American" than what most people will do for this country. I don't harass Hummer owners, I just feel that they are anti-American. Every gallon of gas you buy FEEDS the "enemy". If you just drive your Hummer on the weekend, don't worry about this thread. But if you commute in it, this thread is for you.

Have a nice day everybody.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:19 AM

I drive mine hoping it will pulute the earth more

Old 08-22-2009, 08:24 AM

I drive mine because it's the best all around vehicle I have ever owned. I like guys like you who drive a 40 mpg deathtrap. That way there will be more gas for my H2. BTW my commute is 3 miles round trip a day. When I want to get 40 MPG I ride my Electraglide.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by mooneym20s01
I drive mine hoping it will pulute the earth more
You do understand that that's not good right?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:20 AM

Pollute would be the corect spelling and I am not sure why anyone would want to pollute more.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:09 PM

A Geo Metro? i would rather not drive a vehicle where if a little postal jeep t-bones me i end up in intensive care. Like others said, go save gas so we can have more for our Hummers!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 AM

Sorry I didnt know we were in a spelling B. The main reason I bought a Hummer is because Obama, he hates militarization so i bought me a Hummer an AR-15 and an AK-47. I have everything he hates and wants to get rid of. He wants everyone in a Metro because he wants to be a tree hugger and believes in global warming. Now be sure to spell check this.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 AM

Sorry I didnt know we were in a spelling B. The main reason I bought a Hummer is because Obama, he hates militarization so i bought me a Hummer an AR-15 and an AK-47. I have everything he hates and wants to get rid of. He wants everyone in a Metro because he wants to be a tree hugger and believes in global warming. Now be sure to spell check this.

Sorry about the spelling B. I agree with you on Obama. I cant stand his policies

Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 AM

I like your answer even better than mine! I should have kept my V-10 ford gas powered fuel sucker.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Sounds like another useless opinion from an ignorant american. I am an american, for you to say I am un-american for commuting in my Hummer is silly. Go bother someone who cares! Oh and when I am fighting the "enemy" I will be sure to leave your freedom out.

Quick Reply: Question to all HUMMER owners...