PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to all HUMMER owners...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by marksteven
A Geo Metro? i would rather not drive a vehicle where if a little postal jeep t-bones me i end up in intensive care. Like others said, go save gas so we can have more for our Hummers!
Cars were meant to drive, not wreck.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by mooneym20s01
Sorry I didnt know we were in a spelling B. The main reason I bought a Hummer is because Obama, he hates militarization so i bought me a Hummer an AR-15 and an AK-47. I have everything he hates and wants to get rid of. He wants everyone in a Metro because he wants to be a tree hugger and believes in global warming. Now be sure to spell check this.
This is just stupid. The earth warms, it has to, if we didn't' we would still be in the ice age. I don't think we are causing global warming though. Also, I didn't correct your spelling.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by jfhwkins
Sounds like another useless opinion from an ignorant american. I am an american, for you to say I am un-american for commuting in my Hummer is silly. Go bother someone who cares! Oh and when I am fighting the "enemy" I will be sure to leave your freedom out.
What was this supposed to mean? Please tell me how you are American, which is capitalized by the way, I would love to know.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Busaboy
To say Hummer owners are anti - American is ignorant! my H3 gets 16mpg in the city that's 3 more than my 99 Dodge Ram 2 more than my last Ford F-150 4X4. An H2 is nothing more than a 1/2 ton Chevy / GM Pick up with different body work. So by your lack of reasoning power anyone driving a pick - up or vehical that gets 16mpg or less is anti - American? What the F--- is wrong with you !By the way where was that p.o.s. Geo made...
Do you honestly get 16MPG? I would like to see some numbers, preferably backed up numbers. Yes, it is a 1/2 ton pickup, i'm not arguing that point. But most people that buy a 1/2 ton don't commute in it like H2 drivers do. You are arguing two cars, biasing more towards the H3. The H2 does not get 16mpg, but plenty of 1/2 trucks are able to do that.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by bflank
At the risk of responding to an obvious TROLL.
1. I'd like to commute in an econobox AND have my H3 but since that is not practical and since I do need the offroad capability I'll just have to manage with 16MPG.

2. Take your Metro up the 2 1/2 mile unpaved road to my cabin after a rain and then tell me how well that worked for you. No problem I'll pull you out with my un-American rig.

3. For the record, I may regard some Hummer drivers as foolish for turning their offroad machines into pavement bling queens. But I sure feel it's their right to a) do whatever the heck foolish thing they want to and b)ignore my silly opinion if they want to.

4. Unless you have served in our military and effectively signed a blank check to the US government promising to support and defend the Constitution in an amount up to and including your life - then I really am not interested in your opinion of the anti-American activity of Hummer drivers.

I would respond in a less polite fashion, but you are simply not worth the trouble.
Not a troll, well technically yes, but I did not start this thread as a true "troll" would.
1. I can agree, but I would like to see the "off road" you need to handle. An F150 or Sliverado could probably handle it.
2. I am not arguing the "need" for your car, I am talking to the people that commute in it.
2b. I would like to see you drive a half mile across the lake in front of my house and tell me how that goes. No problem, I can call the rescue squad.
3. (wasn't directed towards me)
4. Can't exactly join the military, I have a heart problem.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by davidsky
If you really wanted to "help" and still get good fuel mileage you should buy something like a Ford Focus or Chevy Cobalt. Made in the US, good fuel economy and considerably safer in a crash.
Find me a car that gets 56mpg on the highway made in the US, and I will buy it. Also, cars are meant to drive, not crash.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by mikehartigan
Being an American is all about choice. I choose to drive a Hummer because, as an American, I can drive whatever I choose to spend my money on. To do otherwise sounds like a guilt trip and is un-American, IMO. To lecture others to do otherwise is anti American.
You've played a good hand here, but I haven't shown you all my cards.
Where does our oil come from?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by panamera
lol people like you make me love my hummer even more. the fact of the matter is. the whole global warming BS as i just said.....is just BS. a hype. like the disco fever and the great depression. it'll pass over.... and i will not let it affect my comfort and pleasure. which is my hummer. =)
I have addressed this. Also, did I ever mention global warming (in my first post)?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
If you really loved the Earth, wouldn't you commute by walking, bicycle, bus, and train?

Prius and Metro are part of the problem, not the solution!
30 miles is a hard walk/bike in 30 degree temps. I don't have any trains/buses that would take me where I need to go...or even close.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by solarflare
Prius drivers pollute the earth more than us Hummers. If you did your research you would find that to make the batteries for the Prius, it actually causes more pollution than driving our Hummers. After all the manufacturing for both vehicles is done, it actually costs $3.95 a mile, to drive a Prius that lasts 100,000 miles and only $1.75 to drive an H2, that will last for 200,000 miles....Hmm which would you drive????
I am not talking about polluting. I don't drive a Prius, I didn't even mention hyrbids. I do want to know where you are getting these numbers from.

Quick Reply: Question to all HUMMER owners...