PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question to all HUMMER owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Mr Metrodriver, just how much of a part of the fuel consumption solution are you? Have you bad mouthed Hummers or their owners? If so, you are part of the problem and here's why.

Hummers are the real deal, what SUV's were before their capability was watered down for the masses. Remember when 4runners only came in 4WD, how about Wranglers? All of these SUV's went soft and sold in droves often to people who will never use them as the SUV was originally intended to be used.

Odd that in the 90's when SUV's took off, greenies lamented the softening of the vehicles to gain more sales. They were right in that it did work, SUV sales took off. Article after article appeared with greenie after greenie pissing and moaning about 2WD trucks with off road looks, etc...

Then GM goes the other way an makes a real SUV that's a truck first and doesn't even come in 2WD. The greenies just can't stand it. What gives?
If all SUV's were like Hummers, lots more people would buy cars and only those that really need SUV's would own them... like it used to be.

It's naive to think that because a brand comes or goes the vehicle demographic changes, it does not. If you Mr Metro really want to do something for the world, stop worring about why the us, the vehicle enthusiast, the fringe of the market drive what we do. Worry about why the mainstream drives what they do.

Frank

Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM

this jackass makes no sense. i have an H2, two harleys, a bigdog, and the wife drive an 09.5 GXP, non of which get much fuel economy. that means i must not be american. i'll try to remember that the next time i do my part fighting for MOST peoples freedom. Metrodriver you say you have a heart problem and i disagree, i say you have no heart and you are not american. if you were then you would know owning an H2 is a perfect example of the american way ( BIGGER IS BETTER )

with that being said all you have to do is put a 6 liter in that geo and live the american dream.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:12 PM

Metro, just thought I would add to the debate a tad even though this has already been beat to death ...... clearly.

The average Hummer H2 cost is relatively high say ~$60,000. The average msrp for a new car sold in the US today is $25,000 (per edmunds). Thus a new H2 owner contributes $35,000 more to the American economy than the average car buyer. As well, there are larger margins on larger vehicles, which makes them that much more important to American industry.

Also, you talk about fuel consumption and it helping rogue nations. Canada is the country that provides the largest percentage of imported oil and natural gas in the US today. Of all imported oil and gas, Canada contributes 25% of that oil and 80% of that natural gas. Also, of the oil that is pumped out of those other "rogue" nations, much of the profit from those oil patches are distributed to oil companies, like YOUR ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, etc. This is oil that is taken out of those rogue nations, w/ revenues pumped back into the US economy and inturn pays for the oil company employees, many of whom have $100k + salaries, who pay US taxes, resulting in lowering YOUR taxes.

As well, Canadians per capita buy a greater percentage of American vehicles than Americans do. We also buy larger vehicles (percentage basis) because of the harsh winters and terrain, so our "rogue nation" (btw, I'm Canadian eh) that supplys most of your imported oil and gas also supports OUR car industry which helps both our countries build industries ............... I don't know about you but that sounds pretty North Amercian to me. So what, if a nation you don't like makes a couple dollars, the return to American consumers is huge. As well, Canada has the second "proven" largest oil reserves in the world which ensures that we will both make lots for many years to come.

Furthermore, the Hummer is a love it or hate it vehicle. Those who love it are passionate about it, much the same way as I'm sure your passionate about other things ....... I don't know you, but can only assume. And when your passionate about something, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it because your going to do it anyways. Thats the way Hummer owners are, people do not just buy a hummer they buy into a lifestyle. If your well heeled and can afford it, why not, I don't tell you how to spend your money and no one is going to tell me how to spend mine, especially when it comes to things I enjoy.

Its also too bad I don't have the money to purchase hummer (and this is what I don't understand) $100 million for a company thats makes large trucks which have very high margins, just guessing ~25% (very conservative) of msrp which is ~$15000, which means you only have to sell 6,700 units to make up your initial capital investment ....... sounds like a good deal to me considering in 2008 before everyone said they were closing, gm sold 12,000 hummers (70,000 in 2005).

Anyways sorry for the rant ... just my 2 cents.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:54 AM

You guys hit the nail on the head, drives a metro because he can't afford anything else, has a serious case of ***** envy, probably no job or not one that will support the life style he wishes he could have. The management should just delete his account he obviously is not here to share in the camaraderie of fellow hummer owners.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MetroDriver
No, ANYONE that hits a semi, in that way, with that force will die.

The fact that I drive a GEO says everything? How? That I like to not come across as a douchebag everywhere I go? That I make smart decisions? That I don't have to flaunt my money to feel good? That it's nice to be able to do a U-turn on a 4 lane? That I can find a parking spot? That I can actually trust my driving skills instead of relying on the mass of metal around me? Unlike you, I don't need the (false) male enhancement that a Hummer delivers. What does it say?

The only Hummer I want is from my wife.

The fact that you actually purchased a Geo makes me question your cognitive skills. Yes, my H3 can do a U turn in a 4 lane and I can locate (without visual assistance) a parking spot. My driving skills are pretty decent since I am a former AMA road racing/supermoto participant. So I don't need a "mass of metal around me" to feel safe!

Male enhancement??? Why do the insecure, envious, gutless, uneducated small car owners always compare body parts to Hummer owners? What does that say about YOU? Please read "Principles of Biology" by Herbert Spencer. Hopefully you will understand the concepts of these writings but it may be to complex for your preoperational stage of developmental learning.

Please go to the library to educate yourself before spewing spineless accusations on our forum. Knowledge is power. Peace out.

Last edited by fstzx9; 03-11-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by elripster
Remember when 4runners only came in 4WD, how about Wranglers?
Then GM goes the other way an makes a real SUV that's a truck first and doesn't even come in 2WD. The greenies just can't stand it. What gives?
I believe the 4Runner was always available in a 2WD version. Don't know why that would be an issue. 2WD SUVs are still good for towing/carrying cargo. All of our Suburbans have been 2WD models.
If you never go off road, 4WD just becomes extra weight/expense/parts/maintenance that you don't need.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by davidsky
I believe the 4Runner was always available in a 2WD version. Don't know why that would be an issue. 2WD SUVs are still good for towing/carrying cargo. All of our Suburbans have been 2WD models.
If you never go off road, 4WD just becomes extra weight/expense/parts/maintenance that you don't need.
Nope, the 1st gen 4runner was only available in 4wd. 2wd versions were introduced in the US in the 2nd gen 4runners.

There most definitely are needs for 2wd trucks for sure. My point is that the Hummer is an off road vehicle first and true to its roots unlike many former off road vehicles-first that were softened for the sake of marketshare and as a result make a much larger impact on the environment yet go unnoticed by the ignorant green movement.

Frank

Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 PM

I didnt read this whole thread but I'd bet money metrodriver is a troll. Nobody that drives "gas guzzlers" would buy a geo metro, those havnt been made in years and are absolutely redicilous, if anything they would switch to a hybrid but geo metros are like the worst car ever made.

troll for sure.