PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer recall - what the heck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by H32006
Deplorable.
Originally Posted by Jruta
Agreed. Junk!
Originally Posted by Lyns Hummy
My feelings exactly!!!
I'm sorry for your feelings on the H3. But it looks like ALL of you have 06 H3s. This is the first year for a TOTALLY NEW VEHICLE on a TOTALLY NEW PLATFORM.

With any TOTALY NEW VEHICLE and a TOTALLY NEW PLATFORM from any brand there is growing to be growing pains and mistakes. GM / HUMMER did care about the H3 and their customers. Look at the larger displacement I5 for 2007 and mid-year 2007 interior change. The addition of the optional V8 in 2008. Expanding the model line up to include the H3T and a front locker option in 2009. Heck they even made a “flex-fuel” version of the V8 in 2010.

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-04-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Ah the youth of America...... now with ZERO patience.

Do any of you have even a clue as to what it takes to design and then manufacture a 100,000 or so of anything?

Consider it is not a current production vehicle, and they have to contract it with a supplier that is willing to STOP producing another product they are making in far higher volume and making more money on, to make the reconfigured harness. It is not going to happen overnight. You can't order it on your smart phone and pick it up at the store within the hour. Chill out, relax, life goes on.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:31 PM

Right on Doc!

Old 02-05-2016, 03:44 AM

Ah the seniors of America.... Now believing that EVERYTHING is the fault of the youth.

Do any of them realize that we're the reason the social media they are on was brought to fruition..?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:12 AM
rsc

While I am not the Youth of America, and I do share Doc's feelings in general regarding today's youth (I guess it goes for all young people, but maybe more so now days), I do not buy in to being patient for a fix to the known safety issues. During the beginning days of WWII, the P-51 Mustang went from napkin sketch to flying prototype in 100 days! If we can't get a fix for something as simple as a wiring harness in more than 6 months then someone is dragging their feet. Yes Doc, I know what it takes to design and bring a machine to market. I deal with that in my job IRL. GM gets kudos for quickly responding to the market while the H3 was in production, but loses points for the cost-cutting measures (and mis-management) when the H3 was in production. There appears to be a lot of rushed decisions and cost cutting to get the H3 out- 3.5L motor, door controls, front suspension, HVAC wiring, etc. Now the rush is over and the end user is the one who suffers.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Cool

Doc's not saying it's the fault of "youth". What he's saying is the youth of today has little or no patience. They want instant gratification with little or no investment of themselves into realizing the benefits of the choices they make.
If today's youth are so well informed through all the "social media" platforms they take credit for creating then why would there be such complaining about the Hummer H3? All the common issues have been out there for all to see and read about.
I get it. It's always someone else's fault when they make decisions that ultimately do not suit them.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:23 AM

LOL for one I'm not young and worked hard for my 45k I paid for that pile. They walked anyway from a poorly engineered engine that was recalled with my serial numbers on all but my Dummer. That's the youth of Americas problem? Some people are just gulable...hummer cheer leaders lol..

Old 02-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Default like no other

its unique,,,"like nothing else", ill never give mine up, ther aint no more coming down the line ,,good or bad.
fix what you got or,,,buy a look alike other!!

i did the rad, now it loks like a water pump hopfully when its warm weather. its my daily drive for 5yr 62000,no roof leaks or other headaches, no melted wires,,,love my h3 as is.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:07 PM

My feelings exactly!!! By the way when your tired of the burnt parts just solder the connections as I did at 15k miles. This was my dear moms hummer and she hardly drove it until she passed away. I'll never sell it, I'll just have to keep fixing it's issues. The warranty died at 10k and 4 yrs time. Head, blown shocks, rotten bump stops, water leaks, Burnt heater resistor connector, tie rods all at now 58k miles. And we bailed them out!!
LOL for one I'm not young and worked hard for my 45k I paid for that pile. They walked anyway from a poorly engineered engine that was recalled with my serial numbers on all but my Dummer. That's the youth of Americas problem? Some people are just gulable...hummer cheer leaders lol..
Holy krap, you paid $45,000 for an 06 H3 your mom owned!
Brand new a fully loaded 06 H3 was no where near $45,000???

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-05-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Holy krap, you paid $45,000 for an 06 H3 your mom owned!
Brand new a fully loaded 06 H3 was no where near $45,000???

Yours may not have been, mine was bought new in Sac Ca and the luxury edition with every option possible was out the door at roughly that cost. The H2 carried a tag of 75 to 80k in 2006. The dealer could ask what they wanted and they sold all of the first round of inventory fast.

There was no bargains at our dealers in 2006. You bought it for the asking price or you walked away. My mom wanted one so that was that. I have no regrets for that desicion..

The vehicles where first year and they got the money. Certainly not the first time this has happened in the automotive industry. We had one of the first h3's in the sac area. I'm certain I'm not the only that paid that price..

I tried looking around for a reference on the web for 2006 and all I could find was near 30k MSRP. I was not able to determine which model was represented.

Do you recall Harley's in the mid 90's selling new for 23k plus- with a few chrome items added by the dealer, and they had back orders and a waiting list for over 6 months. MSRP was only around 16k then for a 95 softail custom...Welcome to America and CA!!

Quick Reply: Hummer recall - what the heck?