PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fargin rain......@#$%&*!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Default RE: Fargin rain......@#$%&*!!!!!!!

I'd kill for about 3 days worth of rain right now ... my grass would too!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy
I'm going to have to go out and buy some of that $40 per bag dirt and $35 per bag fertilizer that Dilo uses..................
Jeez....What's in it? Jimmy Hoffa.

As for that rain, give me a month...I'll be bitching about the cracks and "crevasses" in the yard........
I have a couple of threads in Off-Topic where I asked about lawncare because I have never owned a house and am used to ALOT of rain where I did live. These guys all decided to "go with the flow" and get me going about how a bag of dirt is $35 to $40 and that the "good stuff" is even more. Dilo2001gt (Mark) started it all. I fell for it.

Last week I posted another question, and they started telling me about fertilizer. What happened? Same thing. ZYNE tells me it's $35 for a bag of fertilizer. Well, guess what? To my wonderful surprise, I saw at Menards that it Was NOT the case. Again, I fell for it

Now on the fertilizer note, maybe what they use is $35 a bag but what I found was nowhere NEAR that. Hell, I couldn't find anything that expensive.

I'm just Waiting to see what the next thing is I will fall for. Maybe I should post those questions on some Martha Stuart forum, but they'd probably ban me for destroying the environment even though I'm asking questions about proper lawn care. Oh the Irony in the world we live in

Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 PM

That's some funny stuff, I don't care who you are......

Just wait till you have to buy sonic gopher traps and beneficial nematodes.......

I elected to do the Town House/Condo thing in order to avoid all that yard crap.....

As it is, I have over an acre to take care of out at my Mom's place in the country that consistently
whips my @ss......Lord help me if I had two places to take care of.....At least I have some
four legged mowers to take care of the larger pasture areas.....I'd use them on mom's
"yard proper", but she doesn't care for the .....ahem.... "by-products"........

Jeez.....The bottom has fallen out of the sky here again and lightening has taken down
several trees (I'll try to get some pics later)....Rain is blowing horizontal and I cant
see the building across the street......Screw the pontoons, I need Dennis' Ark O' the Babes.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Oh you poor, poor babies! Are you going to melt? Up here in the Pacific Northwest, we don't tan, we rust. Whenever the clouds break, there is this big orange thing in the sky that hurts our eyes when we look at it. Any idea what that is?

About 100 miles North of me is the Olympic Mountain Range. This is the place where they filmed the woodsy parts of Empire Strikes Back. There is an area there that gets over 200 inchesof rain a year.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Portland, Oregon weather forcast: If you can see Mt. Hood, it's going to rain. If you can't see Mt. Hood, it is raining.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

Portland, Oregon weather forcast: If you can see Mt. Hood, it's going to rain. If you can't see Mt. Hood, it is raining.