PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain-X Latitudes at great price

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Default Rain-X Latitudes at great price

Hey guys, I was shopping around for wiper blades and came across a great deal on amazon. Amazon itself is selling the 16" and 17" ones for $5.70 each which is really cheap, but you need to bring the total up to $25 for free shipping. If you have other items then great, there is no tax either.
I found an even better deal, one of the sellers on Amazon is selling them for $6.90 each but if you buy 2 they will include 2 free large bottles of Rain-X Window Treatment/Cleaner or whatever that thing is. In addittion if you buy these 4 items you get a mail-in rebate from Rain-X for $10 back, thats like 4 items for about $11 or $12 including shipping. You pay about $8 for shipping I believe so total is about $22 before the mail in rebate. When I was reading someone else post on fatwallet they mention that you have to add all 4 items for the invoice to show all 4 so you are eligible for the rebate. I added all 4 and the discount was applied for the 2 free bottles of Rain-X on the very last page so don't be alarmed in case you want to try this.

Anyways, I thought I might share this with anyone looking for wipers. I was leaning more towards the Bosch Icons or the Aveo 600 but at this price its a no brainer in my opinion, especially as from what I see the Latitudes last a lot longer then other wipers.

Last edited by Raffi76; 02-17-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Thank you for the tip, I just finished ordering.
I haven't had a chance to go to the parts store,shop from the keyboard, and I liked the price of these Rain-X blades. I sure hope they work well.
Then if they do, I should have bought two sets.

Oh, I actually Googled this and copied from another helpful poster. See below and I thank him for the step by step.

Here's how you do it.

select your 2 wipers from here (make sure they say "Rain-X Latitude Premium Graphite Coated Beam Wiper Blade ##" + $10 Mail-in Rebate & 2 Free Large Rain X Window Treatments")

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.h...BDZNBHG2RG

then, go to this link and add 2 bottles of Rain-X

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ON512O

I have tried to fix the first link, it doesn't work from here.
I will post the thread that I copied from and you can see if the link works from there.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...readid=1118015

Last edited by Chameleon; 02-18-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM

Good pointers Chameleon, lots of folks rush through the order only to realize in the end they missed a step to miss out of deals. However, I don't think the first link in ur post is working, might want to try and fix it..... unless its something on my side but I dont see how that would be possible.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:52 PM

You are correct, my link is not working, I'll try and fix that.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 PM

If you are runningthe OEM wipers you will be floor'd by the difference that the rain x latitudes make, if you've upgraded in the past, Im sure they will make you happy. Im gonna order a second set. I bought my first set back in december at 35.00 but it was still money well spent. Ive actually gotten coments from friends and co workers on how clean my windshield always is. I smile and tell them its the $35 wipers, than they tell me I spent too much. Now I'll tell them iys my $10 wipers

Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 AM

Well past the money spent if you get something of quality and it actually works, I'm not going to cry about the extra cash I paid. Sure, now we can save a few dollars and get the same product, it does make me wonder how that is so.
I paid about thirty five dollars for the Annco wipers I bought for my other truck and money well spent.

I have adjusted the post above and placed a link to the original thread. That link does work. I could not get the link in my post to work however.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 PM

I just today received the new Rain-X blades and the two bottles of Rain-X glass treatment.

I will do an install in a few days.
These blades look heavy duty really, I would imagine that they will work real well.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Mine came friday or thursday, installed them yesterday and applied the fluid to the windshield. It is raining today but i have not been riding so we shall still see the effect, which I am sure will be great as I have been riding on the factory wipers for over 3 years now.