Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

HELP battery issues? Red car and lock?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM

Pm me and I'll give you the details, yeah that's my dirty engine bay of my H3

Old 02-20-2021, 01:13 PM

I too saw that red car lock icon. I left my aftermarket radio on and needed to jumpstart. After it started all the lights were off and engine was running but could not change gears.

So I unplugged the red terminal and it reset everything.

I don’t know if it’s battery or need terminals replaced

H3 ‘07 130k

Originally Posted by bluebow
Right now it has about 80,000 miles on it. I just recently changed the belt.

2006 h3.

I tried to turn on my car it didn't. So I said lovely the battery died, again. It is 25 outside and it hasn't been on in about 3 weeks. So I jump started it. Now this usually works. But this time it wouldn't turn back on after I turned it off after 30 min. So I then had it jumped again, let it run for 40 min (all the lights off everything), then drove it for 20. Turned it off, turned it back on it started. Okay next day. The remote clicker works, the lights work, the car won't start. I try to turn the key and a red light with a lock and car appears on it.

Forgot to add the first jump start, I drove it around, turned the radio on.. there was a whistling weird noise coming out what seemed to be the drivers left vent for the a/c. The whistling noise stopped when the radio went off.

Do I just need a new battery? I been reading those dealership batteries are no good so auto zone or pep boys?

Okay here is the thing maybe it is the battery? The past year or so my battery has just gone out. Or silly me gets too lazy to put gas on its right above the red line well a little higher above, so if I turn that off, it won't turn on. I have to jump start the car, not put gas for it to start.

Another thing. My radio sometimes wont turn on with the car, so I know electrical? But I just had the electrical checked a while back and they fixed "the problem" that was there. But now it does it again?

I've had this car randomly not want to turn on and I have to jump start it. BUT I had the battery checked SO MANY TIMES. They kept telling me, you don't need a new battery. But I'm starting to think I do because it is well a 4 year old battery now.

I would REALLY appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.

I think it may be the passlock module thing. Cuz all my lights work and the keyless entry works. It just makes a weird sound whenever I turn the key. So I can't figure out what to do and my manual says wait 10 min after the first 3 tries.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by omedus
I too saw that red car lock icon. I left my aftermarket radio on and needed to jumpstart. After it started all the lights were off and engine was running but could not change gears.

So I unplugged the red terminal and it reset everything.

I don’t know if it’s battery or need terminals replaced

H3 ‘07 130k
You dug up an ELEVEN YEAR OLD THREAD to tack on the end????????? Let us leave the OLD DOG Threads out to pasture. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'