Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
Okay but does the 4wheel low lock usually sluggish and car barely move? Maybe cus it’s not meant to be activated on dry surface?
Get yourself a new set of quality tires,like BFG AT/2 or General Grabber AT 2 /X, works for me no matter what conditions/terrain I drive on. LOCK SLOWS YOU DOWN!

Old 08-20-2021, 07:14 PM

Sluggish=Stress/premature wear on the engine.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:35 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by hummerz
Get yourself a new set of quality tires,like BFG AT/2 or General Grabber AT 2 /X, works for me no matter what conditions/terrain I drive on. LOCK SLOWS YOU DOWN!
lol I have a good set of tire it only sluggish if I put it on 4 wheel low lock. Everything else is normal. Is that normal it’s like sluggish ?

Old 08-20-2021, 08:44 PM

Four high lock just locks in the hubs so that all four wheels turn full time in “positive traction” mode. Use 4 high is snow and ice or in slippery conditions. Four low is for missing or heavy duty pulling. It locks the hubs like four high but lowers the gear ratio extremely low. Top speed will be about 25-30 max. It’s really made for creeping around the woods and such.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:51 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by billygsims
Four high lock just locks in the hubs so that all four wheels turn full time in “positive traction” mode. Use 4 high is snow and ice or in slippery conditions. Four low is for missing or heavy duty pulling. It locks the hubs like four high but lowers the gear ratio extremely low. Top speed will be about 25-30 max. It’s really made for creeping around the woods and such.
oh okay make sense with my 4 wheel low I can’t even get to 25mph it’s like really really sluggish. Maybe cus I was on dry road and the traction is just grabbing the hell out of the street? When I press on gas rpm increasing but the speed barely move . Is that normal?

Old 08-24-2021, 10:07 AM

You keep asking the same question: "Is that normal?" over and over. Exactly what is it about the term "low range" that you don't understand? Replace the word "low" with "slow". Is that better?

4Lo is not "sluggish", it's super low gearing; it actually has MORE power, but less speed. And no, you never want to use it on the pavement. It's for low speed off-road conditions only. 4High is for pavement. 4High Lock is for dirt (only). 4Low Lock is for extreme dirt conditions (only). It's really not rocket science, and the picture that HummerZ posted of the buttons explains exactly what each mode is for. If you don't understand how gearing works, then just don't press that button, OK?

Originally Posted by billygsims
Four high lock just locks in the hubs so that all four wheels turn full time in “positive traction” mode.
The above statement by billygsims is completely wrong. 4High Lock doesn't lock in the hubs (the hubs on our H3's are always engaged). And unless you have locking diffs, only 1 hub in front and 1 hub in the rear actually receives power.

4High (unlocked) allows the transfer case to split the power front and rear as needed (typically 40/60, but will vary depending on conditions). 4High Lock locks in the transfer case so that the power is split equally 50/50 to the front/rear. 4Low Lock also locks in the transfer case 50/50 AND lowers the gear ratios.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 08-24-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:18 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
You keep asking the same question: "Is that normal?" over and over. Exactly what is it about the term "low range" that you don't understand? Replace the word "low" with "slow". Is that better?

4Lo is not "sluggish", it's super low gearing; it actually has MORE power, but less speed. And no, you never want to use it on the pavement. It's for low speed off-road conditions only. 4High is for pavement. 4High Lock is for dirt (only). 4Low Lock is for extreme dirt conditions (only). It's really not rocket science, and the picture that HummerZ posted of the buttons explains exactly what each mode is for. If you don't understand how gearing works, then just don't press that button, OK?

yes I understand. Thank you