Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2006 Hummer H3 Adventure Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Default Front Axle Support Bushing Replaced!

Old 04-14-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dylan Rogers
Nice work, except for the crescent wrench Get a set of metric combination wrenches.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Nice work, except for the crescent wrench Get a set of metric combination wrenches.
Thanks! You're always trying to get me to spend more money and buy more stuff haha I use what I have got and like to think of myself as resourceful. A set of combination wrenches would be nice, though. I am building an RV on an '86 Astro chassis to live out of and can't have too many tools weighing it down.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:06 AM

Update: it has a hard time starting. I was able to get it to start by putting it in neutral, so I replaced the neutral safety switch. Afterwords, it still had difficulty starting and wouldn't stay running for long. The stability system and ABS went wild and applied brakes so bad they were smoking as I pulled off into a parking lot. The brakes lights stay on even with the key out of the ignition, the instrument cluster is sporadic, and battery voltage was jumping around from 11.1V to 13.1V. I swapped out batteries to check if it was related to the battery (it was not the battery). I ordered some "Stinger" style battery terminals to replace the old terminals, which are really corroded (maybe originals). I also ordered a new ignition cylinder housing and lock cylinder.

Once I replace the terminals, refresh the grounds and other connections, and replace the lock housing and cylinder, I'm hoping the problem will be resolved. If not, does anyone have additional ideas?

Old 04-18-2021, 04:07 PM

Wow, your on a spending spree, did you get a set of combination wrenches too? Btw, don't forget the one-two punch.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:41 PM

check the brake switch on the brake pedal it might need to be reset or replaced, it controls both abs and brake lights

Old 04-18-2021, 05:56 PM

+The hacked door harness needs reset.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:24 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by bronxteck
check the brake switch on the brake pedal it might need to be reset or replaced, it controls both abs and brake lights
Thank you so much for the helpful info. I'll be sure to check it out!

Old 04-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Exclamation Success!!

While waiting for parts in the mail, I figured I would change the oil, replace an axle seal, and replace diff fluids in front and rear. While doing so, I decided to triple check the fuses.

Up until today, anytime I have checked fuses, I just looked at the filament (or whatever it is called) inside the fuse. I hadn't thought to look at the blades of the fuse, however. Upon removing the BCM fuse, I noticed some suspicious scorch/arch marks on the blades... I sanded the blades clean, replaced the fuse, and guess what...? The vehicle started and ran with no warnings and everything worked as it had prior to this problem. Total cost: $0.05?

Here's what it looked like:

Corrosion on the blades led to arching and wild electrical problems!

Old 04-19-2021, 07:27 PM
Cool Hood Release Cable Replacement Guide

Quick Reply: 2006 Hummer H3 Adventure Build