Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rusty frame cleanup project.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:37 PM

Alright I got it out. The two blue vents go to the charcoal canister. Just remove the line there for both. The pressure line broke off so I left it attached. I will write up something better after I rest up. Glad it’s out lots of work ahead to get the frame cleaned up.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:35 PM

My frame clean up is turning into a restore project. I didn’t get to the frame this weekend. But I plan to do some this week. I worked on removing the gas tank all weekend (not all weekend but 2-3 hours). It wasn’t bad to drop... it super sucked getting the rotted one out. I ended up having to bend and brake each of the outer edges of the locking ring to get the ring off (if anyone e does this be careful you don’t mess up the ears on the tank that lick into the ring, also don’t go caveman on it and puncture your tank). I emptied what little bit of fuel that was left and started to wipe and vacuum the rust out. I have part of the pump stuck in the pressure line... no idea how to get it out yet (any help? ). I plan to clean it really swell inside and out... I want to paint t the metal parts with same paint I’m doing the frame.

Done for now looking for a way to get the pump part out of the pressure line..

Old 05-12-2019, 06:01 PM

Projects like this tend to quickly snowball into a thousand additional smaller projects in my experience.... I started on my GMC truck just over a year ago with the intention of pulling and redoing the interior, sound deadening, etc. It is still in a lot of pieces. lol

Old 05-12-2019, 07:08 PM

I can see how that happens.

anyone know now how to get the white clip to release on these fuel lines?

Old 05-12-2019, 07:09 PM

Seems like they just would slide up. I tried, but started to feel like I was using too much force... so I stopped.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:26 PM

I always thought you just insert the tool on the male side and it pushed the clip out. I can’t tell from that mess and maybe a good cleaning will help you see how it works. I really can’t believe it gets that much stuff above the tank

Old 05-12-2019, 07:32 PM

Mixman is right but you gotta fix stuff that needs fixing or will need it soon. I replaced all my hoses and they still looked good but I just don’t want to get back in there and having the hood off for access I’m getting all I can get. You don’t want take tank down again for 6 dollar part or connection, maybe no 6 dollar parts on a H2. Lol

Old 05-12-2019, 07:58 PM

True story... I’ll take another peek tomorrow. I don’t actually have the tool. Might be part of the problem I think the one I need lols like a 2 pronged fork. I’ll swing by the parts store in the morning.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:09 PM

I can’t find the silver one witch is a white connection
I thought it was like the ones for my Jeep.

Last edited by maxjeep; 05-12-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:31 PM

I think it needs one like this:

Quick Reply: Rusty frame cleanup project.