Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Opinion, 2006 or 2008 H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 08:09 AM

I bought mine from the stand alone Swell Hummer back in 2009, they couldn't have been nicer, I drove the 500 miles in my Yellow '03 and drove home in my 2006. I don't think I was there more than an hour.

I would really be mad about the way they treated you and a respectfully written letter to the manager might be a good idea. I agree with your wife on the idiot in charge and high fuel prices are on the way.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sirina2
I agree on Biden and restore the 06. I would love the 6.2 engine and 6 speed but will keep my 05 Lux till I die.
I see we all have a common hate for the two men who single-handedly killed the hummer brand.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Cool zenith, keep the updates coming,

I pulled the trigger on the 08 White SUT base today will be shipping out from Texas on Monday. It has 73k on the clock and super clean with brand new BFG tires and 100% stock no upgrades other then some lighting upgrades,
and really good regular maint. records. Haha, those aren't machine guns on the front, the previous owned used it part time as a toad for the Class A Diesel pusher.
Clean carfax
with only 2 previous owners and 0 accidents. I looking for this one I was amazed how many 08's I found from the snow belt with major frame rust damage.

Gonna miss the 06 with all the goodies and the air suspension but the engine/trans upgrade and better mileage is a welcome change. I'm in it for the long term and chose this over a new Chevy or GMC.

If the 08 turns out to be 1/2 the truck the old one I will be a very happy camper. I will say I wont miss the cracking issues with the pre 08 door panels, lol

Glad to hear. Beautiful truck. White is my favorite color honestly. It goes so well with the chrome. Just make sure you have 3k saved up for when that 6l80e blows. Ask me how I know. Ive blown up two. one at 70k and one like 20k miles. To be fair I've seen people with 300k on them, so it's kind of hit or miss. Edit: I never read these threads to closely. Sorry to hear that the deal fell through. Maybe you'll find another one. I assure you its worth it.

Last edited by Gavin Costigan; 03-14-2021 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Glad to hear. Beautiful truck. White is my favorite color honestly. It goes so well with the chrome. Just make sure you have 3k saved up for when that 6l80e blows. Ask me how I know. Ive blown up two. one at 70k and one like 20k miles. To be fair I've seen people with 300k on them, so it's kind of hit or miss. Edit: I never read these threads to closely. Sorry to hear that the deal fell through. Maybe you'll find another one. I assure you its worth it.
Still looking, sorry to hear about you having to pony up twice for the 6L80, I had to replace my 4L65 at 130k. It’s a heavy truck, I wish GM would have used the 4L80/85 instead. They are bullet proof and last. I will keep looking and hopefully find another clean 08.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:28 PM
Default Finally 08 in the garage

Well it took some doing but I finally have my 08 SUT. A dealer in Florida how specializes in semi-collectable purchased my 06 and sold me the 08. Its a Lux that got close to everything the 06 had except air-suspension which I do wish it had but was very hard to find on an 08 considering my requirements, no northern units, (ice snow and salt) vehicle and under 100k and no mods.

Delivered today and looks good, really clean frame and undercarriage with zero rust, runs great, interior is in good condition. the ride is not quite as good as the air suspension of the 06 but its not bad either.

I wasn't sure about buying an orange H2 but the Solar flare orange is growing on me. Maybe thats a good thing as I understand they did not make a bunch of these in that color.
After some TLS and a 100% fluid change (and a new set of boots) and deleting some of the add on chrome crap and the aftermarket flowmaster muffler and we should be good to go.

I was amazed in the interior difference, not the rock climbing utilitarian look of the 06 but more of a refined more domesticated look.

I was bummed when the deal on the 08 SUT didn't work out but in the end I am happier and have a lux instead of a base.

Well that does it for me, I have my newer H2 and i'm good to go for the future, gm (notice the lower case characters) can have their electric crap but I will stick with tried and true internal combustion and the original and not the "New and improved" electric limited range koolaid version. Cheers

Old 05-04-2021, 07:58 AM

She is a beauty, congratulations.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:25 AM

Looks awesome, I like that color. congrats

Old 05-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Thanks, it an interesting color, depending on the light it is either orange or sometimes more red. Its growing on me and a big difference from my old 06 Desert Sand (which has a green tint)

I will spend the next few weeks changing all the fluids and doing 90k maintenance. I wish I could find someone with an 08/09 that want to dump their rear air suspension, I would be willing to buy it all
compressor, wiring, sensors, air bags and all the interconnecting parts and pay for the shipping plus make it worth their time.

Thanks all
Dan