Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Opinion, 2006 or 2008 H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sirina2
I agree on Biden and restore the 06. I would love the 6.2 engine and 6 speed but will keep my 05 Lux till I die.
6.0 more durable, just add a 6l90.
6.0L V-8 And 6L90 Six-Speed

Old 03-05-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by zenith
Speaking of tunes, I just purchased and installed Predator Motor Sports "Rap-Torq" high output ECM in my stock 07 H2, and wow, what a difference. Much more throttle response and power through all RPM ranges, and my engine runs soooooo smooth. They claim upto 67HP gains, I doubt I'll see that, but notice a huge difference.

I haven't yet received the cold air intake from them but just the upgraded ECM is awesome.
You already have a top notch cold air intake.... the factory airbox on the H2's is an extremely well designed CAI from the factory. If anything, if you want a little more sound, get an Airaid intake tube and just replace the tube from the airbox to the intake. In fact from what I've seen, many of the aftermarket cold air intakes are actually considerably worse than the stock one as they pull much of their air from under the hood effectively making them a hot air intake. The factory airbox we have pulls 100% of the intake air from the fender pocket and has a larger high flow air filter.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
You already have a top notch cold air intake.... the factory airbox on the H2's is an extremely well designed CAI from the factory. If anything, if you want a little more sound, get an Airaid intake tube and just replace the tube from the airbox to the intake. In fact from what I've seen, many of the aftermarket cold air intakes are actually considerably worse than the stock one as they pull much of their air from under the hood effectively making them a hot air intake. The factory airbox we have pulls 100% of the intake air from the fender pocket and has a larger high flow air filter.

Good point on the factory airbox. I just received the CAI and it is the air raid system. I'll mess around with it all and see if I get any performance increase.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC

Old 03-05-2021, 05:35 PM

Cool zenith, keep the updates coming,

I pulled the trigger on the 08 White SUT base today will be shipping out from Texas on Monday. It has 73k on the clock and super clean with brand new BFG tires and 100% stock no upgrades other then some lighting upgrades,
and really good regular maint. records. Haha, those aren't machine guns on the front, the previous owned used it part time as a toad for the Class A Diesel pusher.
Clean carfax
with only 2 previous owners and 0 accidents. I looking for this one I was amazed how many 08's I found from the snow belt with major frame rust damage.

Gonna miss the 06 with all the goodies and the air suspension but the engine/trans upgrade and better mileage is a welcome change. I'm in it for the long term and chose this over a new Chevy or GMC.

If the 08 turns out to be 1/2 the truck the old one I will be a very happy camper. I will say I wont miss the cracking issues with the pre 08 door panels, lol

Last edited by H2-SUT; 03-10-2021 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:49 PM

She's a beauty, congratulations. I personally like white H2's.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:50 PM

Can anyone identify the light system on the roof crossbar?

My 06 has a nude roof (see picture) but I might like to keep the new setup, anyone have an idea what the lights were in the previous post was?

Old 03-05-2021, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Im am looking for opinions, I current have a 2006 H2 SUT Lux with just about every option including air suspension, the vehicle has 130k and is in premier shape and in the Green (Wheat and Gray matching interior)

I have an oppertunity to pick up an 08 Base (white, black inside) with under 80k for a good price and in good condition, my question is, is the 6.2 and 6 speed and lower mileage worth probably the 15k difference (after selling mine) for the newer one with less options?

I love my H2 SUT and plan on driving it until the wheels fall off then bolting them back on and driving more. My concern is with the 06 interior plastic parts that are impossible to find and replace for reasonable prices.

The other issue is the time, effort and money to get the 08 with less stuff and its insurance value. If I total mine tomorrow I would stand to be ok, but on the 08 I would immediately loose 15k. any and all opinions appreciated.
If you have the money to spend, it is a night and day difference between the two. It is a whole second or two faster and the interior doesnt rattle down the road. Absolutely love my 08. As for replacement interior parts, the old plastic ones are easier to find. I have been looking for an air vent forever. Other than that, the interior is soooo nice. It's basically mercedes quality of the 2012 era. same type of stamped pleather looking stuff on the dash and doors and leather everywhere.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:47 AM

Congrats on the new rig, I think you made an outstanding deal.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM

congrats on the 08 purchase, very nice SUT

Neal

Quick Reply: Opinion, 2006 or 2008 H2