Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Opinion, 2006 or 2008 H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Can anyone identify the light system on the roof crossbar?

My 06 has a nude roof (see picture) but I might like to keep the new setup, anyone have an idea what the lights were in the previous post was?
On the white one that is one of the dealer optional (factory made and official Hummer) off road light packages. The other one is two round lights on the brush guard and is more common. That one is the lights integrated into the roof rack bar. I'd be curious if there is some aftermarket led lights that can replace the halogen lights.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...n/21/tn21-020/

The link above shows it. You can also explore more accessories there...

Old 03-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Thx MixmanSC, good info, when I first saw them I figured they might be some thing the original owner might have made out of on of the original roof crossbars. Switching out the internals from Halogen to LED would be a great option if it
could be done. Add that to the list of things to check out once its here.

I do plan on changing every fluid in it and a full frame and bottom pressure clean once it arrives.

Does anyone know if the 08's suffered from the 100k radiator trans cooler line deterioration problem? I replaced the 06's radiator just to make sure that would not happen on it.

One other thing that was curious was the dealer told me it had brand new BFG All terrain radials on it but they don't look like my 06's K02 and the side pattern looks different. Maybe they are some street or snow versions, maybe I will steal the K02's of the 06, lol,

Thanks all, great info here!

Old 03-06-2021, 02:50 PM

yeah transfer whatever you feel worthy while you have both on hand even like the simple stuff like the accessory kits many times they are missing all together or the jack is bent or missing pieces. as you know much of that stuff has become hard to find.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:37 PM

I current have a 2006 H2 SUT Lux with just about every option including air suspension, the vehicle has 130k and is in premier shape and in the Green (Wheat and Gray matching interior)
Green? To me it appears to be pewter.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Green? To me it appears to be pewter.

Trust me when I tell you it’s a green color, it was actually called desert sand metallic but it’s like a metallic army green. I must say I wish the 08 was the same color,,,

Old 03-09-2021, 01:34 PM

Well, crash and burn.

Back to looking, unfortunately the deal fell through kept running into road blocks at the dealership that was selling it.

Dissappointed to say the least but now I dont have to sell off the 06 for a while.

Thanks to all who shared and advised. This is a great forum with really great and knowledgeable members.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:20 PM

Trust me when I tell you it’s a green color, it was actually called desert sand metallic but it’s like a metallic army green. I must say I wish the 08 was the same color,,,
Color blind? An example of desert sand (check the background):

Green

Well, crash and burn.

Back to looking, unfortunately the deal fell through kept running into road blocks at the dealership that was selling it.

Dissappointed to say the least but now I dont have to sell off the 06 for a while.

Thanks to all who shared and advised. This is a great forum with really great and knowledgeable members.
What "Dealership" ?

Last edited by hummerz; 03-09-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:24 AM

GMC Buick Cadillac of Midland Tx.

btw, my color looks just like yours, in the bright sun it looks like a drab green (not like the trees though) haha

Old 03-12-2021, 07:04 PM

Where's the ad? Midland Buick GMC Cadillac aka Sewell Buick GMC Cadillac Of Midland.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:27 PM

Gone, they told me today they had sold it for 4 grand more when they refunded my deposit and fedex’d me back my check that someone else purchased it this morning,

Good luck to the new owner, I know I won’t ever deal with the Sewell group of dealerships again, very unprofessional, they make promises they don’t honor add things you didn’t agree on or ask for and once they have your money put you on the back burner. No doubt I am very disappointed to say the least, I was paid in full and awaiting for them to ship when they screwed that up too.

But my wife pointed out with the gas prices going crazy because of the idiot in charge it very well might be, in couple of months you won’t be able to give one away and it will be a buyers market again, guess we shall see.

Its a shame the Duramax conversion is so expensive...

Quick Reply: Opinion, 2006 or 2008 H2