Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Not quite new to the H2, but....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 09:37 AM
Default Not quite new to the H2, but....

A couple years ago, my wife decided she wanted a Hummer H2. She did some research, and found an 03 that seemed to be in pretty good condition. When she first got it, I tried hard to like it but between the blind spots, he constantly falling apart interior, and a complete and total lack of storage on the inside if you have more than three people in it I got turned off pretty quickly.
Recently, she started driving my QX56 and the Hummer was sitting. So instead of buying a new truck, I'm trying to make this into what I would like it to be. I thought about selling it, but it runs, starts and stops and I know what's been done to it so it's a good idea to keep it. And besides, there's nothing out there that would do what I wanted for any better..
The good points of the H2 it has plenty of power, it tows amazingly well, and it does excellent off-road. Now that I have started to fix all the stupid little things that were wrong with it like the interior and the gauge lights not working, I'm starting to like it a little bit more.
Does anybody make a reasonably priced winch bumper for this thing? Is there a decent rear bumper out there that does not require you to text press the spare tire up 10 in every time you want to open it? Does anybody make a liftgate latch for it which isn't held on with stupid ittle plastic clips?