Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Winch Installation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 05:12 PM
Default H2 Winch Installation Questions

I have been considering putting a winch on the front of my H2, using the existing hitch, and I was concerned if it might prevent the hood from opening all the way, or worse, crush the plastic grill on the top of the winch. I am hoping there is someone on this forum who may have put one on their H2 using the hitch socket, and can relate their experience. There is a video on YouTube that shows a Harbor Freight Badland 12000 winch installed on the front hitch, and while the hood could be opened, it looked like it couldn't open all the way. This H2 did not have the brush guard installed, and as I DO have the standard brush guard, I am concerned that this might prevent the hood from being opened enough to check the oil, etc. without removing the winch from the hitch mount every time the hood has to be opened. Thanks in advance for any replies!