Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking into a h2 but have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 12:58 PM

A little update: I went to the dealer that had a white 04 base model. I went while they were closed so I could fully examine it. It's mostly clean on the surface and they put the directional tires on backwards. Everything was fine until I got under it. The frame and everything under it was rusty as all yet out. I didn't see any on the body but I didn't look that hard. To cover this up they used cheap back spray paint on the outside of the frame. They didn't even prep the surface before they painted. There is overspray EVERYWHERE including all the wheels. That pissed me off and I don't care if it is one owner with 90,000 miles. On the bright side the price drops a little everyday, lol. ($16,000 at the moment)

I went an saw an 05 with the adventure package and no rear TVs (thankfully). It has a few small scratches on the blue-gray paint. It has 180,000 mi and it does leak a little oil and someone has done dual exhaust. The frame has almost no rust, very clean underneath besides a little oil seeping. I asked the guy a few things. The air suspension works and they look it over and align it. It runs fine and the interior looks like it has 70,000 miles. It has the U steps still and offroad lights on the roof. If I pay with cash then I can probably get it for $11,000-13,000. Both of us love it. When I figure out the best way to finance it then I'll go back for a test drive. He would finance it but for $15,000.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:20 AM

I searched for awhile looking for exactly what I wanted. I really didn’t care about year as long as it was 05 to 09. I like both interiors but it had to be black and I really wanted the 6.2 and the exterior had to be red, black or white. I made a few trips out of state to see a few and and I seen a few that were local. I was looking in the 21k price range and there were some nice h2’s in that range. My thinking is that someone someday will start reproducing parts for our Hummers and I believe they will more likely make parts for the 03 to 07 models before the 08, 09 because of the production numbers. I was searching everyday for my Hummer and I seen a new add on car gurus and it didn’t even have a picture posted but it was described as black with black interior! Perfect, I contacted dealership as soon as they opened and talked with the sales guy and I asked if he could send me some pictures. So I waited a few minutes and got the text. Text is like a pager but you get words and pictures, just clearing that up for the old timers. Hahaha. Anyways when I seen the pictures I text him back and said Will you hold it for until tomorrow... it was a 4 hour drive and I couldn’t get away any sooner than that.. I told him that I would take if it passed my visual and driving inspection. It drove amazing and smooth and felt really tight like new and this is with 38’s. I have 27k miles on it and it was the owner of the dealerships toy. You just keep looking and you will find what you are looking for and don’t settle for less than what you want..

Old 04-26-2019, 07:48 AM

That is beautiful!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
That is beautiful!
thanks! I can’t wait to drive it... probably the cleanest 12 year old truck I have seen!