PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

interior alteration question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Default interior alteration question

Does anyone know if I can find 09 2nd row buckets and put them in 03-06 H2?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Hi Jason 09:

My reply to your question is just a guess based on other 2nd row seat-swaps I've done on other GM vehicles. I don't think I'll be telling you anything you may not have already considered.

We used to do this all the time with Cadillac Escalades. We'd swap the second row bench seats with the optional bucket seats out of another Escalade of a similar model year. The Hummer H2's body style has remained basically the same since its inception.

As you know, GM usually kept the same basic body style of any given vehicle for 3 or 4 years depending on its poplularity. This meant the the bolt patterns for the seats basically remained in the same place during that time.

This also meant that GM could still impliment new seat-trim changes to enhance/upgrade appearance by just making the legs of the new seats adhere to the same bolt patterns.

I think the hard part will be finding the bucket seats you're needing. And if you do find them, they won't be cheap.

I'm sure you've already thought of this but, I'd keep an eye out for a Hummer H2 with bucket seats and ask the owners if they would let you take some measurements.

A better idea would be to just go to one of your nearby Hummer dealerships and ask permission to get those same measurements. It may also be possible to get some input from one of their techs or knowledgeable parts department personnel. Stay away from the service advisors. Generally, if they think they can make a buck off of you they'll tell you anything you want to hear.

I'm kind of thinking that this swap might very well work but, it would be wise to make absolutely sure before you lay down a ton of cash only to find that it doesn't work.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Anything can be done for a price - but this isn't an easy swap. We looked at converting an 08 bench to 08 buckets and the bolt pattern was completely different, meaning it was cost prohibitive. Going from a different model year with different interiors would be even more difficult.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM

There is a company that offers this for the H2, There called Lebroc. Give them a call, they may have what your looking for. 1-800-284-5771