Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Installed oil catch can and this is what I caught

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 11:09 AM

For what its worth, after I put the monster motor in my H2 I used a new valve cover and kept the catch can and it would still pull oil. IMHO the catch can is enough but if you're pulling it apart its too cheap not to do.

Tim

Old 01-19-2022, 11:23 AM

@Sam! That is a very nice looking catch can. And a scary amount of oil it is catching for you. You could install a drainback into the engine, just to recirculate it. I run full synthetic, always have. That can get expensive if you have to keep topping up.

I do not see any oil level drop between oil changes on ours. But I would still consider installing this nice addition.

Can you please provide a link as to where you got that one, and what the brand name is?
Thanks!

Old 01-19-2022, 11:38 PM

Universal Car Engine Oil Catch Can Reservoir Tank 1L Aluminum 1000ml With Cap US I wanted to get this installed before switching to synthetic which I did, I was near a quart low per oil change at 4k. I just dont want it causing anymore build up on the valves and pistons and killing the CATS anymore.

Originally Posted by finall
@Sam! That is a very nice looking catch can. And a scary amount of oil it is catching for you. You could install a drainback into the engine, just to recirculate it. I run full synthetic, always have. That can get expensive if you have to keep topping up.

I do not see any oil level drop between oil changes on ours. But I would still consider installing this nice addition.

Can you please provide a link as to where you got that one, and what the brand name is?
Thanks!

Old 01-20-2022, 12:29 AM

Thanks Sam!