PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simplify oil changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Default Simplify oil changes

Guys....just installed the best oil change piece of equipment you can invest in. Once installed, you'll never spill another drop of oil during a change (except maybe from your filter). Get the model with the 'N' designation, (with nipple), so you can connect a tube and drain directly into a jug. They're under $30. I changed oil without jacking up, simply by reaching under. They even have an optional 'locking clip', so it won't accidentally open even during off roading. This thing is great!
Even though they don't list HUMMER, it's model F107-N (at least for the Alpha, and I believe the I5 is the same plug thread)
http://www.qwikvalve.com/home.php

Last edited by Broken Halo; 06-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:15 PM

I don't know if you want that on my car, looks like it can open way too easily. I rather struggle a little to do the oil change rather then worry about losing all oil. Even the website states if you hit anything stop and check for leakage and its not advised for low clearance vehicles. The only explanation can be that it has happened in the past when the valve opened.

Safety:
1. Drive carefully at all times, and if you run over any foreign object on the road pull over and check the valve for any damage or leak.
2. N-Series valve (with nipple to accept hose) is not recommended for passenger cars with low clearance.

LOL careful driving for the rest of your hummer's life, I guess you can forget about offroading.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:24 PM

I can change my oil without jacking up my h3 also, its the freaking plates that suck takin em off, puttin em on blah blah blah, but they have proved to be worthy, The thread almost sounds like an infomercial. No disrespect to broken halo

Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
I can change my oil without jacking up my h3 also, its the freaking plates that suck takin em off, puttin em on blah blah blah, but they have proved to be worthy, The thread almost sounds like an infomercial. No disrespect to broken halo
Yeah, it probably did sound a little like an infomercial, but I know everybody that does their own oil changes always complains about the mess, and this thing took care of that. As far as reliability, I've had one on my Corvette for 12 years, and I only have about 4" of clearance on that car......never a problem. True....I don't off road with the 'Vette, but then not everybody does with their Hummer either.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Banned
Default paranoia?

i even thought of drilling a hole in the stock plug for a backup safety wire like aircraft bolts,,,its something about the thought of oil running out all over the turnpike at 85 mph,,,!!! 200 miles from home,,, ill struggle thru!!

thanks

tom

Old 06-06-2010, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Yeah, it probably did sound a little like an infomercial, but I know everybody that does their own oil changes always complains about the mess, and this thing took care of that. As far as reliability, I've had one on my Corvette for 12 years, and I only have about 4" of clearance on that car......never a problem. True....I don't off road with the 'Vette, but then not everybody does with their Hummer either.
You had one on a Corvette and never had any issues, that is saying something about the reliability. I know that a corvette motor has more vibration than a hummer motor. Kudos to you.