Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

AC Teperature

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 08:42 PM

understand, life can get very busy at times

Let us know what you find out when you get around to looking into it

Neal

Old 05-06-2023, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
Top few issues that could cause this;
Low air flow across the condenser
Low refrigerant lvl
Compressor efficiency loss

Have you done any AC work recently?
Have you done any work in the radiator area recently?

Low air flow,
  • check the radiator fan clutch
  • check for blockage
Low refrigerant lvl
  • Need operating pressures to diagnose
  • look at all fittings/connections on the suction/discharge hoses/pipes for oil seepage (possible leak)
Compressor efficiency
  • usually shows up at idle
  • pressures will tell the story
Need ambient temps and system pressures to get a better idea of possible issues.

Neal
Had a few minutes today so here is following info & answers to your points:
- No AC work done since purchase in Nov22. AC has acted this way i believe since purchase. Been cooler so didnt notice it as much in Jan-Mar.
- Engine radiator replaced March this year due to very small weep at eng oil line fittings (drivers side).
- Fan clutch doesn't seem to be bad or loose. But it is old, so....
- Used water jet today to flush the condenser coils.
- Used my trusty old RS Micronta dual temp unit to test vent vs cabin air (pic follow). Found that at idle it runs anywhere from 5-8 degrees hotter than when I "idle" it at 2000 rpm. At 2k system was running at 43-45 degrees. While at idle, I Sprayed the coils with water and it did not seem to change temp at. Stayed up at the 50-52 deg area.
--There are two additional "coolers" in front of the radiator & AC condenser. Not sure what they are for or if they were stock or add-ons. Can't really see the line routing from above. Hope pics help.

- No apparent leaks at any jointsthat i can see.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by PGI Conch
Had a few minutes today so here is following info & answers to your points:
While at idle, I Sprayed the coils with water and it did not seem to change temp at. Stayed up at the 50-52 deg area.
While at idle you had eyes on that nice vintage thermometer while spraying the condenser? When spraying/cooling the condenser the vent temp should drop as long as the compressor is running, unless there is a blockage.
Does the compressor short cycle at idle?
Is there a parts store near by that you can get a>> Loaner A/C Manifold Gauge Set to check pressures?

Old 05-06-2023, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
While at idle you had eyes on that nice vintage thermometer while spraying the condenser? When spraying/cooling the condenser the vent temp should drop as long as the compressor is running, unless there is a blockage.
Does the compressor short cycle at idle?
Is there a parts store near by that you can get a>> Loaner A/C Manifold Gauge Set to check pressures?
1. Yes, I repositioned it (the vintage thermo &#129763 so I could see it thru the windshield while spraying the condenser with cool hose water. No change while spraying.
2. No short cycling.
3. I'll chk the local parts stores to see if one of them can get Guage readings. Do you know what the pressures are supposed to be (low/high). Should there be any diff between idle and higher RPM pressure reading or should it be same at all speeds?

Thanks for insight/assist.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:06 PM

Pressures change with ambient temperature.