Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Ac actuators

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 03:37 PM
Default Ac actuators

Hello everyone. I have a 04 h2 and none of my actuators are working. The mode actuator was working when I bought the h2 but when I tried the calibration on them it stopped working as well. I have checked continuity on every actuator wire everything is showing good. There is a brown wire going to each actuator called (ignition 3 voltage) but when I check the voltage on it it's showing around 12 volts. Could that be the problem? Also I have tried another cheap actuator with no luck and a different control module but still no luck. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. I MOVED this from the New Member Section which, as it says, is only for introductions and not Tech Questions.

All H2 Tech Question go in the H2 section..... crazy right?

You will get some help here from the H2 people.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:17 PM

The wiring diagram shows the following common connections:-
  • As mentioned the Brown IGN3 links together, all actuator Pin 5's, Fuse HVAC1 and HVAC connector C1 Pin B5. 12 Volts will be battery voltage, it's a little low but will be higher with the engine running and battery charging, so probably OK
  • All actuator Pin 10's (Light Blue/Black) link together, this is the 5V logic power originating from HVAC Connector C1 Pin B8, it would be worth checking there's 5V on at least one of the actuators. If there isn't trace it back to the HVAC.
  • All actuator Pin 7's (Yellow) link together and to HVAC Connector C1 Pin B6, this is the Low REF, it does not connect directly to GND (chassis) but will be around 0.5V (hard to be exact) if its a lot higher there could be a problem, in this case again trace it back to the HVAC
Actuator Pin 6's are used to control the actuator motor, they will normally be 2.5V at rest, and 0V or 5V when the actuator is moved depending on the required direction.
Actuator Pin 9's are the 0V -> 5V door position signals which tell the HVAC where that actuator is .

Normally there would be a DTC set, possibly B0229, B0414, B00424, B3770 (Actuator Range Performance) or B0263, B0268, B0408 or B0418 (HVAC Door Actuator Circuit)

Presumably you've tried recalibrating them ?

If all the voltages look OK it could be the HVAC module itself. Not you can remove the HVAC without dismantling the entire center console.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on 👍

Old 11-08-2023, 02:18 PM

How to recalibrate the actuators?

Old 11-09-2023, 08:39 AM

Never actually done it, but here's the info I found:-

Actuator Recalibration
When replacing the HVAC control module it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC control module be sure to perform the following:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Disconnect the scan tool.
Install the HVAC control module.
Connect all previously disconnected components.
Place the ignition switch in the RUN position.
Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.
Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.
When replacing a HVAC actuator it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC actuator be sure to perform one of the following:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Preferred Method (w/ Scan Tool)
Clear all DTCs.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Install the HVAC actuator.
With the scan tool, initiate the Motor Re-calibration feature of the Heating and Air Conditioning Special Functions menu.

Alternate Method (w/o Scan Tool)
Clear all DTCs.
Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Install the HVAC actuator.
Remove the HVAC B fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
Install the HVAC B fuse.
Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.