Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

AC vent actuator misery againnnnn

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Default AC vent actuator misery againnnnn

last summer my passenger side was blowing hot air so i replaced the top hard to get actuator that fixed everything .... just today i started to get hot air again on the passenger side could it be that the bottom actuator went bad this time or it is always the top one that causes the hot air issue???????? i hate having to take this thing a part again ...

Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by hmer
last summer my passenger side was blowing hot air so i replaced the top hard to get actuator that fixed everything .... just today i started to get hot air again on the passenger side could it be that the bottom actuator went bad this time or it is always the top one that causes the hot air issue???????? i hate having to take this thing a part again ...
if I remember correctly there is a write up on here with a way to replace it without taking the dash apart. You could do the fuse trick and see if it starts blowing cold again on that side, then you'll know for sure it's the actuator

Last edited by hummer_on_fumes; 08-01-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
if I remember correctly there is a write up on here with a way to replace it without taking the dash apart. You could do the fuse trick and see if it starts blowing cold again on that side, then you'll know for sure it's the actuator
i had seen the write up before the one thats on the lower end you can replace easy the top one is the one thats a pain ....

Old 08-02-2018, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by hmer
i had seen the write up before the one thats on the lower end you can replace easy the top one is the one thats a pain ....
See if this thread helps:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...acement-39398/