PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weekend Wrenching: Shocks/Shackles/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 PM
rsc

LOL, naw man! In the picture of you in the mud, how'd he do getting over the spare to hook into the tow shackle without dropping in the drink! I probably would have gone right over the spare and into the muddy water! It's good to have friends.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM

who makes the step bars you have on your ride? BTW, the photo is GREAT!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
LOL, naw man! In the picture of you in the mud, how'd he do getting over the spare to hook into the tow shackle without dropping in the drink! I probably would have gone right over the spare and into the muddy water! It's good to have friends.
I dunno, I couldn't see him do it, but he somehow manage to pull it off. It is indeed good to have friends!

NFab makes the side steps. I would not buy them again or recommend them to any one. They look great but that's about it. The steps are in an awkward position that makes them painful to use getting in and out of the truck.

Also the powder coat started peeling from rock strikes just driving on the road BEFORE I started bashing them on stuff offroading. After that I just started using them as sliders, and they have been decent for that, no major damage to them. I had them hung up on a car at a car crush charity event a few weeks ago and no damage to them.

If jeeps can take their doors off I sure as hell can too....

Also, NFab has the worst customer service I've ever seen. I emailed them MULTIPLE times about the peeling powder coat, and nothing.

Kevin at RampartHummer also called AND emailed them on my behalf and also nothing, not a peep. Screw NFab and their poorly designed products and poor customer service.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=Draketh;258241]Did some wrenching at my buddies shop over the weekend. Got new Bilsteins on all the way around, brand new Pro Comp Xtreme M/T 315/75r16, and the Warrior Products shackles. This is my second set of the Xtreme M/T. Great tires for sure, insanely good traction when aired down, but do be careful on the rocks or you'll chew them up.

I am getting ready for some new tires
I like that these tires are good off road when aired down
My question, are they noisy on the paved roads i.e. highway, at speed ?

Old 08-24-2011, 07:53 AM

[quote=wfturner;258296]
Originally Posted by Draketh
Did some wrenching at my buddies shop over the weekend. Got new Bilsteins on all the way around, brand new Pro Comp Xtreme M/T 315/75r16, and the Warrior Products shackles. This is my second set of the Xtreme M/T. Great tires for sure, insanely good traction when aired down, but do be careful on the rocks or you'll chew them up.

I am getting ready for some new tires
They will hum for sure, just like any M/T will. New they are fairly quiet, you can hear them but its not loud or overpowering. However, when they get worn down, look out. The set I just replaced was heavily worn and was LOUD. Rolling around town at about 40mph I'd notice people turn and look for the sound. Even on the freeway at about 70mph I could barely make a phone call in my truck with the windows up. But then again, all big tires get loud when worn so YMMV.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=wfturner;258296]
Originally Posted by Draketh
IMHO, if you are concerned about the noise an M/T isn't the right choice for you. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM

[quote=SundownAudioNY;258301]
Originally Posted by wfturner
IMHO, if you are concerned about the noise an M/T isn't the right choice for you. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed, noise is just something you live with when entering the realm of the M/T tire.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM

I think you will find out that to replace the upper ball joints you will need to replace the upper a-arms. Let us know how you find availability of those. So far have not been able to get some tubular ones made with uniball or ball joints.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Hunner
I think you will find out that to replace the upper ball joints you will need to replace the upper a-arms. Let us know how you find availability of those. So far have not been able to get some tubular ones made with uniball or ball joints.
Hunner, I already have the lower *****, and a new upper A-Arm, I just have to find the time to get them on! The upper was about $150 from gmpartsdirect.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 PM

That is a good looking truck man!

And some great wheeling pics.

Quick Reply: Weekend Wrenching: Shocks/Shackles/Tires