PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weekend Wrenching: Shocks/Shackles/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
As it turns out we couldn't get our hands on the stainless pipe to do it the right way, and we weren't about to weld stainless to mild steel.
I too installed the Magnflow Catback on my 10 Alpha and it wasn't any louder than the factory single. I did remove the resonator like you are planning. It is louder but don't expect too much of a change.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 PM

Looks good, I just put the same exhaust on last weekend, it def rumbles more when you first start it up, and at lower rpm's, but doesn't growl at higher speeds like I thought it would, debated taking the resonator out but f' it, already spent enough on it, if you do the delete post a vid, I'd like to hear the difference.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM

Removed the resonator sunday morning/afternoon. It got louder for sure, but not in a bad way. It still sounds classy without sounding like a hillbilly hummer.

Higher RPM it doesn't have much growl, at lower RPM you do get that "vroooom" sound. I'm debating replacing the magnaflow muffler with a flowmaster one because this is ridiculous my truck doesn't sound like it has a V8 under the hood.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bunger
I wouldn't take the chance of not only crushing those big *** tips, but possibly causing other damage if the tips get hungup on something.
Ahhh the skeptics. Still wheeling with tips in tact 4 years now, even though MuddyD was trying to psych stress me out down in the RC mine.

When you know they are back there.... wheel accordingly.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
Removed the resonator sunday morning/afternoon. It got louder for sure, but not in a bad way. It still sounds classy without sounding like a hillbilly hummer.

Higher RPM it doesn't have much growl, at lower RPM you do get that "vroooom" sound. I'm debating replacing the magnaflow muffler with a flowmaster one because this is ridiculous my truck doesn't sound like it has a V8 under the hood.

Nice rig brother! Sometimes bigger is'nt always better so yes a flowmaster (cheaper) will sound beautiful under that lil gem. A series 40 will give it a nice growl without the glasspack sound.....lol

Oh and it's great living in Mississippi = No emisions...............whooohoooo

Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Ahhh the skeptics. Still wheeling with tips in tact 4 years now, even though MuddyD was trying to psych stress me out down in the RC mine.

When you know they are back there.... wheel accordingly.
Yeah, but how many license plates have you bent ?