PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding ticket in H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Default RE: Speeding ticket in H3

How long you been teaching?..And what?

I've been at it for over 19 years now. (Electrical engineering)

Old 11-24-2006, 01:29 AM

Oh my, a real brain! I don't teach anymore (gave it up a few years ago when we moved to south FL). 15 years and a little bit of this and that LOL (from running a computer lab, elementary ed, several years in special ed, MS language arts, to a short gig with HS shop!) Now I'm a Realtor. <shaking head>

Old 11-24-2006, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Contribute to or get one of these decals..they will save you a lot of hassles from John Q Law

I have a small plastic FOP Emblem on my license plate as I belong to the FOP #38. My Brother-in-Law is a PA State Trooper and I hear countless stories of their adventures!

Yes, I does pay-off to have one as it has worked for me on a few occasions........[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 11-24-2006, 10:36 AM

Don't know how well the FOP sticker thing works personally, as I said earlier the hubby is no longer a ticket writing street cop (for many years now), but apparently you have had good luck with it. Frankly, I've always found and been told by others in LE that attitude has MUCH to do with it from 1st approach. If one is cocky or surly - then bet you can pretty much count on a ticket! A little remorse and politeness goes a long way! I will eat crow and suck up a tad ANY day to keep from having to dig into my Hummer gas $$ to pay a ticket! However I am proud to say I have not been stopped for any reason in 25 years. (Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, <just as there is in any profession> as I stated in one of my first posts.)

Now, I am off the po po kick as I am merely here to gain some knowledge, have a few grins & giggles and enjoy a little comaraderie with a few fellow H3 lovers!

BTW, I have a cousin who is a PA trooper also.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I'm guessin your a lil bitter towards cops...if it's so bad do something about it....every department has an IA division for people with legitamat complaints.
Nope, not cops as a whole, some do a great job and are professional but unfortunately they are few and far in between. And yes, I have made a complaint against the cop that came screachin' to a halt, flying out of his car screaming and yelling at me. Not sure whatever came out of it, I'm guessing nothing.

All I'm personally asking for is being treated with a few ounces of respect and a side order of professionalism. The ones that do receive the same from me... but if you start yelling at me or calling me "boy" the last thing you will get from my side is respect ... You earn respect with your actions, not with your badge or title .. I don't really care who you are or what your little title is, VP, CEO, Cop, Janitor, store clerk, bus driver, whatever .. At the end of the day you're no different than the rest of us ..

Old 11-25-2006, 01:25 PM

Whata jagoff![:@] I haven't gotten one yet, but i'm sure it's coming.