PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Leaking Over Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 AM

Pay no attention to Mr. ****taint, he's only here to feed his own ego, not help people but some of us are here to actually try to help.

With respect to the topic of this thread, start here: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Here's some useful info. from "somewhere else" to unclog those drain tubes.

There's a rubber hose that runs down each A-pillar, up under the dash and then pulgs into the firewall for draining out side the truck when it's not plugged..

Starting with the front drain tubes - driverside - you can reach your hand up under my dash and just yank it out...it's up under there somewhere, you'll just have to get under there with a flashlight and look around for it.

Passenger side.. Bit more difficult.. Open the glove compartment.. Unhook the little cord on the right and let it really open up... (Left hand goes here) Pull the cover off the end of the dash (right hand goes in here)...pop out the passenger air vent.. (eyes go here..) Find the hose and pull it out.

Once you've got the hoses out find the biggest drill bit you have that fits in the hole and drill that X out of the bottom.. Put them all back in and together..

Now the rear drain tubes - go on and pull the headliner down where you can get your hands and eyes up in there and make sure the hoses are still connected to the sunroof.. If they are on or off it doesn't matter because you need to get the ends out where you can blow in them.. You've got the holes drilled out, but lets assume there's some gunk backed up in that line.. Got the line out..?? Get a big swig of water and spit it down the hose and blow like hell.. Yes the hose is nasty, but you're not a cat are you..?? Do both lines.. Get a LITTLE dab of silicone sealer and put it on the stem coming out ot the sunroof that the hose slides onto so it won't come off when you don't want it to later on.. Put it all back together again.. It'll prolly take oyu an hour or two depending on how quick you find the ends of the hoses in the firewall and how easy you find it to pull the headliner back to get to the other ends.. It's still a lot easier and quicker than drying pulling back the carpet and putting a leaf blower in the cab for three days everytime it rains a bit..

Also.. If you still have warranty just take it in and let the dealer do it.. It's a pretty common fix for most all GM vehicles with a sunroof from what I've been told.

See the small square? The drain runs inside that square. Item 3 below is the hose.

Name:  H3FrontDrainHoses.jpg
Views: 5629
Size:  48.8 KB

h3 trim.

rear drains

NOTE: The above procedure is only applicable to factory-installed sunroofs and IS NOT applicable if you have an aftermarket sunroof installed, as the drain hoses are generally routed slightly differently.

Last edited by Bigunit; 12-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM

Thanks Bigunit. Looks like I have myself a project for the holidays....

Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM

I'm in the middle of a big "little" project to fix mine, and waited until I had the time. Now I'm in search of new carpet. My passenger side back hose was disconnected, and can see the water stain on the topside of the headliner. I used small hose clamps on all four drain lines to make sure they don't come off again...Also, the back drains exit between the inner rear fender and the fender flares, and if you remove the inner fender shield, then the fender flares, you can see the drain exiting about an inch back from the back door edge right behind where the seat belt is.. Anyway, this hose is pinched almost closed from the factory, and if you cut the end off, you'll improve drainage and diminish your clogs from the back drains... Just a thought.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM

Howdy, gonna add my 2 cents. I had a leak in the back too. And front. ......Three times... But only cuz i can't get at the drivers side cuz azz-goblin that put in aftermarket remote start put it in the way. When i dropped The headliner and checked it out and cleared the lines it still leaked. The little cup hooked onto the track has a small seal where it seats to the track so it doesn't seep out around. Mine was wore somehow and dripping out. So i removed it and used marine goop to stick the seal back and then put some on and jammed it back in there. And voila no more leak.
Just thought i would add that in the very rare chance you clear yours and still leaks. Never know i guess.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM

The piece that number 3 hooks onto in the last pic posted above is the cup i fixed.