PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on when to plasti dip

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 AM

Lowes does carry it, and for the same if not cheaper than Homecheapo... I would start with the spare tire, pull it off the truck and lie it down on some saw horses.

Mess around with masking take to cover the tire itself but avoid any surface that maybe plasti dipped. It seems to not respond to well to painters tape.

If you really like the look than I would invest in some clear coat to keep it on and make it more resilient to chips.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by staggs
is it in the paint area of home depot? that's one of those things that lest seem to fit into a specific department like velveeta cheese at the supermarket. also anyone know if lowes carries it, I actually have a gift card for there.

also I've read many posts about the stuff but any special recommendations for applying it?
Yes, it's in the paint section. If you're interested in doing it, then I would recommend you watch some tutorials on DipYourCar.com -Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com NEW Glossifier. This site also has a FAQ page that will answer pretty much any question you have about plasti dip.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:35 AM

I've watched a bunch of the videos on applying it, how is it to clean? obviously you can't scrub the wheel anymore to clean but can you wipe them at all or are you limited to basically just power washing them? also has anyone noticed any difference in the flat and gloss with cleaning and staying clean or any staining problems with mud?