PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Default RE: Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

ORIGINAL: rhill20

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

ORIGINAL: blackbear

You are going to get all kinds of different opinions here in the next few hours watch.
I did the torsion bar crank and ran it for 5 to 6 months, then decided to install the leveling kit and that's been over a year now, there is a noticeable difference in the ride, with the TB crank the ride was more stiff,
ORIGINAL: importkiller
turning the t-bars DOES NOT stiffen the ride....it does the same thing a leveling key does except the key gives you added room for even more adjustment. The stiff ride as mentioned by Rhill is that you overextended your stock shocks thus creating a harsh ride...by getting longer shocks your ride will return to normal.
ORIGINAL: josh1899
I leveled mine using stock keys and replaced shocks with Cognito's. I had absolutely no side effects to this mod. Ride is exactly the same. Handles the same. This question is like asking the meaning of life! no matter what you are going to get different opinions from different people!!!
I did the torsion bar adjustment with the Cognito Shocks and I think my ride is definitely stiffer. I think josh is correct. You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. rhill is right also, it's just a matter of opinion.
Dam-it!!! I right........just kiddingthere will always be different opinions on this subject
Oh and I'm trying to make this the longest quote in the history of this forum!!!![8D]
Why stop now, at least this is new.
Wait, I forgot what I was going to say[8D][8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 11:13 PM

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

You are going to get all kinds of different opinions here in the next few hours watch.

[blockquote]quote:

I did the torsion bar crank and ran it for 5 to 6 months, then decided to install the leveling kit and that's been over a year now, there is a noticeable difference in the ride, with the TB crank the ride was more stiff,

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: importkiller
turning the t-bars DOES NOT stiffen the ride....it does the same thing a leveling key does except the key gives you added room for even more adjustment. The stiff ride as mentioned by Rhill is that you overextended your stock shocks thus creating a harsh ride...by getting longer shocks your ride will return to normal.

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: josh1899
I leveled mine using stock keys and replaced shocks with Cognito's. I had absolutely no side effects to this mod. Ride is exactly the same. Handles the same. This question is like asking the meaning of life! no matter what you are going to get different opinions from different people!!![/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote]
I did the torsion bar adjustment with the Cognito Shocks and I think my ride is definitely stiffer. I think josh is correct. You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. rhill is right also, it's just a matter of opinion.

[/blockquote]

Dam-it!!! I right........just kiddingthere will always be different opinions on this subject
[/blockquote]

Oh and I'm trying to make this the longest quote in the history of this forum!!!![8D]
[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

Why stop now, at least this is new.
[/blockquote]

Wait, I forgot what I was going to say[8D][8D]
HIJACKERS! lol....picked up the alpha yesterday! Pretty sure I am just going to crank the TB's...thanks for the info...and thanks for letting me continue to beat the dead horse

Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 PM

aww...someone is going to have to teach me how to keep all the boxes around the quotes

Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

I think we need a new channel just for Torsion Bars!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:40 AM

Help me guys...I need longer shocks for the rear but don't know what or where to look.
How about the bump stops? Mine bottoms out to quick now.