PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

Shocks are cheaper than the kit, like I said though, I still have the stock shocks and no ride problems.

*I told you nobody would agree and you would get a bunch of different opinions*

Old 03-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

Shocks are cheaper than the kit, like I said though, I still have the stock shocks and no ride problems.

*I told you nobody would agree and you would get a bunch of different opinions*

Old 03-16-2008, 11:22 PM

You are going to get all kinds of different opinions here in the next few hours watch.
ORIGINAL: blackbear
I did the torsion bar crank and ran it for 5 to 6 months, then decided to install the leveling kit and that's been over a year now, there is a noticeable difference in the ride, with the TB crank the ride was more stiff,
ORIGINAL: importkiller
turning the t-bars DOES NOT stiffen the ride....it does the same thing a leveling key does except the key gives you added room for even more adjustment. The stiff ride as mentioned by Rhill is that you overextended your stock shocks thus creating a harsh ride...by getting longer shocks your ride will return to normal.
ORIGINAL: josh1899
I leveled mine using stock keys and replaced shocks with Cognito's. I had absolutely no side effects to this mod. Ride is exactly the same. Handles the same. This question is like asking the meaning of life! no matter what you are going to get different opinions from different people!!!
I did the torsion bar adjustment with the Cognito Shocks and I think my ride is definitely stiffer. I think josh is correct. You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. rhill is right also, it's just a matter of opinion.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

You are going to get all kinds of different opinions here in the next few hours watch.
I did the torsion bar crank and ran it for 5 to 6 months, then decided to install the leveling kit and that's been over a year now, there is a noticeable difference in the ride, with the TB crank the ride was more stiff,
turning the t-bars DOES NOT stiffen the ride....it does the same thing a leveling key does except the key gives you added room for even more adjustment. The stiff ride as mentioned by Rhill is that you overextended your stock shocks thus creating a harsh ride...by getting longer shocks your ride will return to normal.
I leveled mine using stock keys and replaced shocks with Cognito's. I had absolutely no side effects to this mod. Ride is exactly the same. Handles the same. This question is like asking the meaning of life! no matter what you are going to get different opinions from different people!!!
I did the torsion bar adjustment with the Cognito Shocks and I think my ride is definitely stiffer. I think josh is correct. You could ask 100 people and get 100 different answers. rhill is right also, it's just a matter of opinion.

Dam-it!!! I right........just kiddingthere will always be different opinions on this subject

Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Dam-it!!! I right........just kiddingthere will always be different opinions on this subject

Oh and I'm trying to make this the longest quote in the history of this forum!!!![8D]

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM

Oh and I'm trying to make this the longest quote in the history of this forum!!!![8D]

Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 AM

the leveling kit comes with shock extender brackets..which is why your ride stays the same...it takes the crappy stock shokcs and makes them work as if they are longer by changing they're mounting location.

the only difference in ride could be from changing the cv-joint angles...which will happen either way you lift the front end unless you have a diff relocation bracket. There aren't realy any opinions on this...it's fact...you are not changing the T-bars spring rate, your not twisting the t-bar...so there is no way your ride stiffened from the t-bar. Unless of course you went nuts and over extended the shocks or are up against the bumpstop.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 AM

I am with IMPY on this one. I went through this whole dilemma on my Durango. I cranked the T-Bars to get an additional 2.5 inches andthe ride got stiff. The next week I put on Rancho RS5000's and the ride was like new again. Just crank them and save your money. My H2 has them cranked just a little to fit the 37's. And the ride is no differnet than stock.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 PM

Why stop now, at least this is new.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank