PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

islam on capitol hill

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned

a clue,the next time a suicide bomber blows up,check his/her background.
check the last 100

can u carry a bible into a mosque

tolerance,,,,freedom to worship

deep inside,you hate

Old 09-14-2011, 03:30 PM

Rajul_Al_Hummer, if your profile info is correct I know exactly where you are and that's kind of like living in the middle of Disney land and claiming there is no poverty in the US and all the citizenry are cheerful and cotton candy on every street corner. If you get outside of that zone very far your introduced to the harsh realities of living in the middle east where your appearance could get your head lopped off in the middle of the street with the entire city watching and no one will know anything when the authorities come asking. This is the same city where an israeli tennis player was denied access to the city for a tennis match and people were on the news calling her a dirty jew. I would agree with your sentiment that there are a lot of nice people in the middle east and there are a lot of good muslims too, but there are a disproportionate amount of radicalized douche bags in the middle east in comparison with many other areas of the world.

Last edited by Pauldy; 09-14-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Rajul_Al_Hummer, if your profile info is correct I know exactly where you are and that's kind of like living in the middle of Disney land and claiming there is no poverty in the US and all the citizenry are cheerful and cotton candy on every street corner.
Fujairah is hardly disneyland, but its a pleasant place to live if that is the point you were making. Very few westerners here. I've spent time in Qatar too - hardly disneyland either, but safe, and friendly.

I don't doubt there are dangerous areas of the Middle East - in some areas there is great resentment against the west, with some good reason one might argue.

I just find this paranoia about islam bizarre. It seems most intense by those who don't have any experience of travelling in the Middle East, or of muslims. The paranoia is fuelled by ignorance.

The fact that people are still attacking their own president as a muslim, when he obviously isn't is just plain weird. At least they've stopped going on about his birth certificate!

I don't like radical islam. If the US doesn't like radical islam, why is it arming the dictators who run Saudi Arabia, the most brutal, extremist islamic state with the latest guns? Why is it helping Saudi and Bahrain put down democracy protests? Why does the US have a large base in Bahrain, protecting the cause of... errm... brutally repressive dictatorship? These places ARE dangerous for westerners, and that is why - its because our governments are propping up unpopular and very brutal regimes.

My own country the UK is guilty of similar inconsistencies.

And then do you wonder why there is some resentment against the west? Its not much different to the resentment of the USSR I saw in eastern europe in the 80s - foreign power propping up unpopular dictatorships, its bound to create some resentment.

Few years back I lived in New Jersey. Would you fancy walking through Trenton at night? Me neither. Parts of New York were pretty dangerous too, and Jersey City. Does that mean that all Americans are bad and worthy of death?

Many people around the world don't like Americans. But then again they've never been to the US, or met Americans. When I lived in New York I found (contrary to its reputation) the people almost exclusively pleasant, helpful and polite, even when I ventured into areas like the Bronx that had a very bad reputation. This was the case across the US with perhaps the exception of Boston, where a couple of "Irish" people who'd never been anywhere near that great island gave us some hassle for being British, promptly sent on their way by some real Irish folk. Travel broadens the mind - its a shame so few take up the opportunity. I've travelled to much of this planet, and rarely have I encountered unpleasant people.

Paranoia and ignorance won't help us make a better world. Judging innocent millions by the acts of the few is wrong, and shows ignorance. Its the same mentality that a terrorist uses when he guns down innocent civilians (they are british/american, hence guilty of whatever those countries did).

Obama isn't a muslim, despite the claims. But whats the problem if he was? So long as he's one of the good ones, and isn't running around cutting off people's heads and blowing aircraft up, and he's elected by the majority, where is the problem?

Last edited by Rajul_Al_Hummer; 09-15-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Hey Rajul, I have travelled extensively in the Middle East and have lived there for more than three years. I have been in many Muslim countries and can see right through your BS. Slavery is still common in the Middle East, and even condoned in Saudi Arabia unofficially. I've been there pal, and have seen it. I'd say from personal experience that you are speaking about 90% lies. I'll agree that not all Muslims are bad, just as not all Christians or Jews are bad, but you're making up facts and distorting truths. Here are some of the Muslim countries that I've been to: Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, Qatar, and the United Arab Emerates. I've probably missed one or two, but I think you get the point. Heck, I've even been in Israel.

I've been to the UK too, should we add that to the list of Muslim countries soon?

Last edited by Paladine71; 09-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

The real problem with Obama is that he is a chameleon. No one really knows who he is or what he stands for. He has purposely hidden much about his background, obfuscates when speaking, frequently says one thing and does something else. Whether he is Muslim, Christian or Hari Krishna is less important than the fact he is spineless, has no talent or experience in politics or the real world and just happens to be President of the US. The guy can worship the toilet for all I care as long as he isn't the President of our country.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

On Tuesday, gunmen ambushed a school bus near the north-western city of Peshawar, killing six. The militants claimed responsibility, saying the children were from a pro-government tribe.

the CHILDREN

Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Apparently we have a Fox Noise channel at the forums. Hillarious.

Be affraid people, be affraid.

I personally thought all the right wing drivel about how we should be too affraid to try the underwear bomber in Detroit, and what an outrage it is to do so because you are giving Abdulmutallab a pulpit was very entertaining.

Well peeps, the trial is underway right in the D, and ............ uhm, why was that we were supposed to be affraid? So far the pulpit yelled out that "Osama is still alive". Scary stuff threatening our national security for sure.

Reality is, the guy is a *****, turn him loose in NE Detroit and his *** would be grass faster than he could try to light his tidy whities back on fire.

While we are at it, I think we should keep the Shrub Tax cuts that helped creat all those jobs over the last 10 years while the fat cats get fatter. How many jobs did those cuts create again? Since December 2007, negative 4.4Million and 50K Factorys shuttered.

Under Clinton, with no Shrub Tax cut? 23 Million and a suplus budget.

And why are tax cuts sooooo good? Hhmmm, let's review: the national debt tripled under Ronald Reagan, only to double again during the tenure of George W. Bush. As it turns out, the Bush tax cut windfall for the wealthy accounted for almost half the budget deficits during his presidency and, if made permanent, would contribute more to the U.S. budget deficit than the Obama stimulus, the TARP program, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and revenue lost to the recession - combined!

Yep, obviously we should continue the GOP model as soon as Obama can get thrown out of office because it works so well. Democrats shouldn't be allowed to spend $$, the GOP does it so much better.

Now let's get back to the important issue, is the POTUS a muslim?

Last edited by Doc Olds; 09-16-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Paladine71
Hey Rajul, I have travelled extensively in the Middle East and have lived there for more than three years. I have been in many Muslim countries and can see right through your BS. Slavery is still common in the Middle East, and even condoned in Saudi Arabia unofficially. I've been there pal, and have seen it.
Saudi Arabia is indeed a very unpleasant place.

Ever wonder then why the US sells the government guns and airplanes?

Ever wonder why the US has a big base in Bahrain. protecting the regime there?

Saudi Arabia is very different to the Emirates, Oman, etc. Its rather medieval. Other gulf states aren't perfect places but the rather brutal regime in Saudi maintains power by a combination of US supplied weaponry and intelligence, and extremist Islam. The two go hand in hand. Democrats are labelled "terrorists".

If you are advocating a change of US policy in Saudi, then I'm with you brother. Its extremist Islam extends its fingers across the region. Its bizarre that the US's closest ally in the Gulf has the most barbaric, medieval and brutal interpretation of Islam, which the US has repeatedly sprung to defend. Meanwhile other unpleasant but secular regimes have been attacked (Iraq, Libya and Syria all secular) - much to the joy of the Saudis. Secularism is being purged from the Middle East.

The sad truth is that its the Saudis calling the shots now, and the US largely obeying. This is bad for the region and the world, its an unholy alliance. The Saudis have a pile of money, and the US has a staggering pile of debt.

I don't believe people are born bad, but when you have a system like the one in Saudi, its not surprising that some of the people turn out rather screwed up. I'm just confused why people in the US don't seem to have a problem with their government selling these chaps fighter aircraft and guns. I know people in the UAE who don't feel very good about it (there have been border skirmishes in the past).

Last edited by Rajul_Al_Hummer; 09-17-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
The real problem with Obama is that he is a chameleon. No one really knows who he is or what he stands for. He has purposely hidden much about his background, obfuscates when speaking, frequently says one thing and does something else.
LOL... there is a word for someone who does that.

A "politician"

Have you ever seen a politician who didn't say one thing and then do another having got into power?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rajul_Al_Hummer
LOL... there is a word for someone who does that.

A "politician"

Have you ever seen a politician who didn't say one thing and then do another having got into power?
There are a lot of people like that..... the world is full of two faced douchebags.... and that has nothing to do with their ethnic background...

Quick Reply: islam on capitol hill