PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Thank you 2hummers, I will contact this person today. Much appreciated

Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
It seems we can all probably relate. I get the same thing all the time; everyone thinks I spent 100K to buy th thing and it uses another 100K + a steady supply of puppies to fuel the thing. And this is usually from the Tahoe/ full size lifted truck drivers. It also seems that when I'm on the highway people can't stand it if I pass them. They will go from driving 5 mph below the speed limit to 15 mph above so they can get in front of me. Idiots. Ah well, I choose to play along with the idiots aznd fabricate stories of how many animals, or perhaps even people I have run over while driving it. But its always hard to give an accuarate count because it happens so often and I'm aLways in too much of a hurry to get to the gas station to stop and check. I think people are more jealous of the SELF-CONFIDENCE we Hummer drivers have , because, while many can afford the vehicle, not many are confident enough to pull it off. So :cheers to all you Hummer owners
Never understood why they would want to be in front of us, I mean seriously do they WANT us to drive over their car? ;-)

All kidding aside, I feel sorry for the uninformed. The unfortunate part is that the uninformed direct our national policy regardless of the party in power.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM

I get this here in the UK. Hummers are rare in the UK..You see maybe a handfull a year driving around. 70% of the people love them, cant ask enough questions and give possitive comments. The other 30% can be quite abusive. But i dont give a toss. It does about 17mpg and its also on LPG so what more do they want. If anything it does almost the same MPG as my old Evo X and M3...no-one moaned about those. Idiots.

Iv had dirty looks, and the usual "your killing the planet" phrases...To which my reply now is "Everytime i rev my engine..a polar bear dies!". lol.

Felt more sorry for a neighbour of mine..someone scratched into his X5 "why buy 4x4"....Given its a deisel i thought that was quite harsh. But such is life.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 AM

I am astounded at the responses many of you have faced driving a Hummer. I first test drove a H1 (2000) in Newport, RI. Unbelievable in terms of the heads it turned. Unbelievable in terms of envy (in a good way) and positive comments.

So, went ahead and bought it a year later. I guess, I have been very fortunate as even today, as rarely as I bring it out of my hangar, it does turn heads, does get many curious lookers and plenty of thumbs up. I get it up to 70 mph on the hiway and set it to cruise when I need too. I have had everyone pass me and turn to look at it and many simply wave. When I was single, it did get quite the attention of the opposite sex as well.

So, has our country changed so much that folks are showing such hostility or is that all the Obananouts out there with class warfare/envy on their minds?

Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by soonerta
I have had my Red 07 H3 for exactly two years and for some reason it still amazes me that people get so upset at the site of Hummers. People still gives me ugly looks and I have never been flipped off so many times. I don't think I am that bad of a driver although many people feel like if you get within a few car lengths of them that you are going to run them over. I have never had a car that I have enjoyed more, and like most Hummer owners I could care less what tree huggers or Prius drivers think but it is funny the reactions you get. I have read the stories that have been on this forum and I just wanted to make a comment. All Hummer owners need to continue to laugh at the stupidity our there, and no matter what keep the faith.
I got our 2008 H3 for my Wife she loves it. I find myself drivinf is more than my GMC sierra

Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by soonerta
I have had my Red 07 H3 for exactly two years and for some reason it still amazes me that people get so upset at the site of Hummers. People still gives me ugly looks and I have never been flipped off so many times. I don't think I am that bad of a driver although many people feel like if you get within a few car lengths of them that you are going to run them over. I have never had a car that I have enjoyed more, and like most Hummer owners I could care less what tree huggers or Prius drivers think but it is funny the reactions you get. I have read the stories that have been on this forum and I just wanted to make a comment. All Hummer owners need to continue to laugh at the stupidity our there, and no matter what keep the faith.
I got our 2008 H3 for my Wife she loves it. I find myself driving is more than my GMC sierra

Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 AM

I had someone key the whole side of my Black 06 in a shopping mall once. Boy would I have loved to catch this a@#hole while they were doing this.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 AM

thats why i made sure i had no chrome other than the grille on mine. i dont think it should be as flashy as they have made some of them with the chrome. it wouldve been nice too if they had some flat or matte paint choices. ive had plenty of positive comments regarding the lack of chrome.... still no dirty looks or vandalism, knock on wood....

Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ingydrummer
I had someone key the whole side of my Black 06 in a shopping mall once. Boy would I have loved to catch this a@#hole while they were doing this.
Did you notice granola scattered about? Or a PETA, WWF, or Sierra Club calling card? Obama is why tree huggers are raging in parks and parking lots.