PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Default Hummers still causing anger

I have had my Red 07 H3 for exactly two years and for some reason it still amazes me that people get so upset at the site of Hummers. People still gives me ugly looks and I have never been flipped off so many times. I don't think I am that bad of a driver although many people feel like if you get within a few car lengths of them that you are going to run them over. I have never had a car that I have enjoyed more, and like most Hummer owners I could care less what tree huggers or Prius drivers think but it is funny the reactions you get. I have read the stories that have been on this forum and I just wanted to make a comment. All Hummer owners need to continue to laugh at the stupidity our there, and no matter what keep the faith.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM

Well I must agree with you about the Hummer being the the most enjoyable you have owned. I really enjoy mine. The wife and I took it on an over night trip the last couple of days. The weather was rainy and it was a pleasure to drive.We feel very safe in it and with all the pot holes and pouring rain the H 3 did well. Oh, the new Rain-X wipers did a great job cleaning the windshield, but did get a bit noisy when the rain slowed down and the wipers didn't.
On Saturday I did a one hundred mile round trip drive, Sunday I filled up for the trip and calculated 17 mpg for my Saturday drive. My old V6 GMC pickup only gave me 19mpg once on a long highway trip.The truck averaged 13mpg.No one ever gave me horrible looks for driving my truck. The H-3 has been very good on gas compared to my truck. I'm very pleased.

I really don't like having to defend the car I drive, I wish this situation would just go away.
The media should give it a break too.These people need to grow up.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 AM

I hear the hate stories but have never experienced one myself after 2 years driving my '07. I have received compliments though.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Even though this thread is in the H3 forum, obviously it applies to all Hummers. I have been driving my H2 for about 6 months and have yet received any bad comments or been flipped off. Mine is solar flare so it can probably be seen from the international space station! It depends on where you live, I suppose. If anything, I am seeing a lot more Hummers out there. Specially the H3's. Lower prices can do wonders.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM

i just dont see the reason why this is happening. size? well what about Avalanche or F-350. are they getting as many bricks thrown at as Hummers. MPG? what about Porsche cayenne, i know ppl just cant wait to get one if they can afford it and then suddenly 11 MPG is not a big deal anymore.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM

hahaha thats so funny

it happened to my a couple of times .... may be because i drive my H3 just like i would drive a sport coupe !!!

even on the freeways, people seem to change from the fast lane for big SUVs to pass, generally speaking ... and i like that coz i dont have to BLIND them with the high beams for a whole minutes so they notice that there is a hummer behind them trying to pass

HATE HATE HATE Prius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM

I have received death threats (yep death), middle fingers, childish behavior, actual children telling me to "stop ruining the environment" and old ladies give me ugly looks, mostly because they are ugly. However I will never stop driving my Hummer.

The funny thing is I only got in one tussle with a Prius driver before, other than that they mostly have been other idiots in 1990's Hondas.

Like someone said, I wish it and they would all go away.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by White08H3
I have received death threats (yep death), middle fingers, childish behavior, actual children telling me to "stop ruining the environment" and old ladies give me ugly looks, mostly because they are ugly. However I will never stop driving my Hummer.

The funny thing is I only got in one tussle with a Prius driver before, other than that they mostly have been other idiots in 1990's Hondas.

Like someone said, I wish it and they would all go away.
hahahaha "stop ruining the environment" thats really funny

Old 03-31-2009, 03:29 PM

What is the hate with the Prius. Its actually a great "little" car. I have 70K on mine without one issue. I also have a 07 H3 Adv. I love. Its awesome going from the Prius Mon-Fri to the Hummer on the weekend. On a sidenote the Prius is my company car and probably wouldnt buy on my own.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 3bo0odi
hahahaha "stop ruining the environment" thats really funny
lol it was funny. I have been labeled everything....draining the earth, ruining the environment, causing Florida to someday be under water, making everyone else suffer bigger gas prices....it just keeps going.

Quick Reply: Hummers still causing anger