PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GM please make a better product

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Default RE: GM please make a better product

Geezers, looks like everyone here are in denial. These small hummer issues do add up to frustration which I just wish some of you folks would understand. It doesn't matter how small these issues are. I've owned Toyota's and Honda's and Ford's before, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with the issues some folks (and mine too) are having. Never had any issues with my Ranger or my Celica or my Element when I got them brand new.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my H3, but surely would not be keeping it after my warranty runs out. Perhaps by that time all these "First Year Model" issues would be sorted out.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Well Said Jean..

Old 01-21-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sconnoll

I love the H3 for its looks and the way it drives but the quality of the H3 suks.

I have only owned my H3 for 6 months and its been in the shop three times...
1st:
the famous traction control light came on
2nd:
missing a bolt from the catalytic converter
and the H3 skid plate was missing a bolt and loose.
3rd:
Brakes grinding really bad after 10k in miles.

COME ON !

Its making me really mad that I did not keep my ford.

Yes these are things are being fixed for free under warranty but really, three times in 6 months cant wait to see what the next 6 months bring!

i have onwed three fords and never one problem.

when it was in the shop for the brakes (thursday) i asked them to do me a favor and install the mud flaps i bought, they wanted to charge me 168.00 plus tax. ARE YOU KIDING ME FOR A 70.00 PART ! i was not asking for free but twice the value of the mud flaps!

hummer & GM

YOU ARE NOT IMPRESSING ME !

sorry i had to vent

My recomendation would be to trade the H3 in on maybe an Escape or something equally worthless. It's obvious these minor issues bothers you and if you've had so much good luck with ford, maybe the Hummer is not for you. I've got an -03 H2, first year model I got new; with 45K and change on it and shy of the usual mainteance stuff I've never had it in the shop. The issues you are mentioning are PETTY at best, a couple of bolts and the trac ctrl!? Common man, you have room to bitch if the tranny falls outoryou have the infamous issues with the headon the H3but the bolts and trac!? Sheeeeeeeeeeesh .. don't you have ANYTHING better to do with your time and energy!? A 25 mile trip to the dealer in a new vehicle is an issue to you!? I've had mine for YEARS and still to this day I look for excuses to drive it .. It sounds like you're looking for excuses to gripe more than anything ...

Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM

It's understandable to get frustrated when you have problem after problem, and venting is OK too, it help relieves stress. But as some other posters mentioned, think about the good things too, and try to keep it all in perspective. The problems you listed were not serious or life threatening, and let's face it, the minute you drive off the lot in any vehicle, they are going to start wearing/breaking down. Weather, potholes, dirt roads, speed bumps, rocks, and all manner of things are going the break, loosen, or otherwise wear down your vehicle. It's a fact of life. Dpn't confuse a bolt that loosens and drops out, or a rock stuck in the brake as a sign of poor quality. As Dennis says, for new car owners, consider it's a plus to have a warranty that will "fix" problems that show up. You may yet encounter a serious problem, and if you think that will push you over the edge, maybe you should talk to you dealer on trading it in for something else.

I've owned many cars over the years as well, but only one new one, that being a '94 Ford Aerostar 4WD. 6 months in, the drive shaft went crooked, making it undriveable.Fought with Ford for 2 months, until they acknowleged it was a design defect, ending in a factory TSB/recall. I then drove that vehicle 458,000 kms with never another problem other than regular maintenance. Head gasket finally went. Loved that vehicleso much I searched, found, and purchased another '94 Aerostar with lower mileage and in minty shape. Had nothing but trouble with it, so ditched itand I got the H3, which we love, but are not holding our breath for a "totally problem free" vehicle. You only need look around at all the repair shops, factory recalls, TSB's, to know you are not alone. As ImportKiller can probably attest, ANY manufacturers warranty department is plenty busy fixing "quality" new vehicles.

So chill out, relax, make sure you dealer understands your frustration, and fixes your problems[sm=shades.gif]. And if it's any consolation; 25 miles to drive to your dealer is NOTHING to cry about. My dealer, the closest to me is 350 miles away, so I'd trade all your little problems for whatever first problem I encounter is going to result in a trip to the dealer in a heartbeat.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 AM

well put new guy!!!

Venting is one thing...but to send a letter to GM and to come on here claiming that the truck is a bad product over stuff as minor as his complaints is ridiculous. Even guys that spend over $100,000 on a car will have things go wrong with it...it happens. Especially on a truck..there are alot more vibrations on a truck platform that will make things loosen up over time...comes with the territory. Look at mine, I get 8.5 mpg, had the headlight harness burn to a crisp, have had the missfire code that leads to the head/valve issue and cannot wait till my lease is over so I can get rid of it......BUT as someone who is aware that EVERY make and model vehicle has it's own set of problems, I am going to trade my 06 H3 on a new H3 and never think twice about it.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

well put new guy!!!

Venting is one thing...but to send a letter to GM and to come on here claiming that the truck is a bad product over stuff as minor as his complaints is ridiculous. Even guys that spend over $100,000 on a car will have things go wrong with it...it happens. Especially on a truck..there are alot more vibrations on a truck platform that will make things loosen up over time...comes with the territory. Look at mine, I get 8.5 mpg, had the headlight harness burn to a crisp, have had the missfire code that leads to the head/valve issue and cannot wait till my lease is over so I can get rid of it......BUT as someone who is aware that EVERY make and model vehicle has it's own set of problems, I am going to trade my 06 H3 on a new H3 and never think twice about it.
Name:  clap.gif
Views: 9
Size:  1.9 KBName:  clap.gif
Size:  1.9 KBName:  clap.gif
Size:  1.9 KB

Attached Images
File Type: gif
clap.gif (1.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: gif
clap.gif (1.9 KB, 19 views)