PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flickering Nav Screen - Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 AM
1- how and from where do I pull the brushed aluminium cover, it seems to be fixed with some kind of adhesive? does it fit back easily.

You pull the brushed aluminum cover from the bottom. Most of us stick our fingers into the two 12V ports at the bottom and give a pull. This releases the clips from the bottom.
Then you can grab the sides of the panel and pull to unclip the rest of the clips. There is no adhesive, just metal retaining clips.

2-"Unclip harness from connectors." which harness and connectors? I thought the connectors are at the back of the head unit.

The harness is the actual wires and the male connector is attached to them and you unplug the connector from the female connector which is attached to the unit back. One connector is grey and the other is black. These are the only two you need to add the carbon conductive grease. They just unplug from unit in back. All the connectors are on the back of the unit.

3-can I apply grease in all connectors? or just the two main?

No, I just added grease to the two connectors (one black and one grey) Like I stated earlier
Below is a picture of the two connectors that get the grease.
Remember to go back and check the original instructions for applying grease

Your PM is turned off or I would have contacted you that way

Attached Thumbnails Flickering Nav Screen - Update-connectors.jpg  

Last edited by wfturner; 12-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks alot for you time and excellent explanation. I will go through the procedure as you described once i get my grease and contact cleaner.

In the meanwhile, I have started having more electrical issues , the AC Off alert pops up on the control panel and the temperature gauge drops to zero. Also yesterday, the engine alert popped up, So i pulled over and removed the battery terminals and reconnected them after five minutes. This solved the issue temporarily. But i have a feeling these are all connected somehow. Took the car to the dealer, he kept it for four days , long test drove and didn't find anything. So, I don't want to go to him again. Do , you have any thoughts on these issues?

PS: car doesn't seem to be overheating, coolant and oil and both fine. With the heat in this region, i have forgotten about the navigation and need to get the AC fixed. It's cold now but come summer its gonna be hell without the air con.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shehryar Akhter Ali
Hi,

Also yesterday, the engine alert popped up, So i pulled over and removed the battery terminals and reconnected them after five minutes. This solved the issue temporarily. But i have a feeling these are all connected somehow.

PS: car doesn't seem to be overheating, coolant and oil and both fine. With the heat in this region, i have forgotten about the navigation and need to get the AC fixed. It's cold now but come summer its gonna be hell without the air con.
If you are having a number of general electrical issues and you still have the stock battery terminals, this could be the problem.
Allot of us here have had similar problems and some, maybe even most of us have changed out those rather lousy terminals to new and better terminals.
I bought some military style terminals that grab the entire length of the battery post.
Some guys have bought the fancier style terminals.
This requires some handy work to cut off old terminals and installing the new ones and making sure you get good connections between battery cable and new terminal.
Your battery could be another source of your problems, but your mechanic guy should have tested that.
Changing out battery terminals is a easy fix and that may solve some of your problems
Good luck.

Do a search for new battery terminals and you can find out what kind people bought.