Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Flickering NAV screen..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Default Flickering NAV screen..

Has anyone experienced a flickering NAV screen? Mine is flickering and will occasionally go black, but it still works. Music plays, buttons operate correctly, etc..

The flickers seem to be effected by shifting out of park and into drive and vice versa as well.

Anyone?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you. In order to do further research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Peggy, didn't you learn your lesson at the other forum??

You are worthless and help nobody, even the rubes dumb enough to give you their full name, address, and VIN.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tram
Has anyone experienced a flickering NAV screen? Mine is flickering and will occasionally go black, but it still works. Music plays, buttons operate correctly, etc..

The flickers seem to be effected by shifting out of park and into drive and vice versa as well.

Anyone?
What year is your H3 and what mileage? Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and resetting the system? If so, then you may have an issue with the display screen itself and it may be time for a new one.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

and what's the VIN.... that's very important....

Right Peggy????

Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM

Tram, are you the first owner of this vehicle? If so have you ever had a backup cam hooked up to the NAV. If not the first owner is it possible the previous owner had such a mod installed?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Old 07-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you. In order to do further research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Tell you what, you PM me your credit card info and I'll gladly swap my VIN number with you.

Originally Posted by TAINTER
What year is your H3 and what mileage? Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and resetting the system? If so, then you may have an issue with the display screen itself and it may be time for a new one.
It's a 2007 with ~37k. No, I haven't tried disconnecting the battery. I'll try that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Tram, are you the first owner of this vehicle? If so have you ever had a backup cam hooked up to the NAV. If not the first owner is it possible the previous owner had such a mod installed?
2nd owner, can't see anywhere that looks like they've had any modifications to the vehicle.

Just started doing it about two weeks ago. It's really weird.

It will do it when you shift out of park to drive, etc. Tonight, while sitting in the car waiting on my wife, I turned the car off, turned it back on and the screen didn't flick a bit the whole way home. I dunno what the issue is.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 PM

Well, I pulled the negative on the battery.. Still flickering.. I need to see if this thing is still under warranty.

Quick Reply: Flickering NAV screen..