Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Flickering NAV screen..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tram
Well, I pulled the negative on the battery.. Still flickering.. I need to see if this thing is still under warranty.
I would look into getting your NAV unit out to just to take a look at the system. In my quest to figure out how to maximize the use of my nav unit in my h2 I noticed a ribbon cable that connects the unit to the LCD I could easily see coming loose.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:46 PM

I have 08 H3 and has the exactly same problem except black screen. It does flicker once in a while. I had my whole NAV unit replaced (not just because of the flickering tho.) a month ago but still has the problem. This means that it might not be a problem of NAV unit itself. Could be something else.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by tuffenuff
I have 08 H3 and has the exactly same problem except black screen. It does flicker once in a while. I had my whole NAV unit replaced (not just because of the flickering tho.) a month ago but still has the problem. This means that it might not be a problem of NAV unit itself. Could be something else.
Yeh, I noticed tonight that if I bang on the dash, it effects the display.. I'm gonna pull it out and check it out..

Anyone know if there is a 800 number I can call to find out about my warranty?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

I am sure Peggy has an 800 number for you.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 AM

LOL.. Is this person legit? I just saw them over at CHO as well..

Looks like I may have to buy a new nav unit. I mean, I'm at 38,XXX miles, so I don't think I have any warranty left on my radio. I may still have some of the 5 year/100,000 left, but just barely if any.

Been looking at the Pioneer X930BT..

Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

You're probably better off getting one of the latest and greatest new Nav systems....

Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tram
Yeh, I noticed tonight that if I bang on the dash, it effects the display.. I'm gonna pull it out and check it out..

Anyone know if there is a 800 number I can call to find out about my warranty?
You can contact HUMMER Customer Assistance Center (CAC) at 1-800-732-5493 for more warranty information. The hours of operation are Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

funny thing is... I called that number once... when I bought my second H2 and it didn't come with a Nav disc....

it took blackmail to get my disc... they filled out my loan paperwork on the wrong form... it had a revision... so they couldn't get paid... I refused to sign the new forms and let them know that I would be dropping off the vehicle....

I had my disc overnighted.... amazing...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Aside from all this "Peggy" talk, lets get serious.

Has anyone figured out the main cause of the LCD flickering ??
My nav unit in my 07 H3, started flickering just the other day. Everything else works fine
I pulled the panel and removed the head unit and reconnected all the connectors on the back.
Unit is back in and it is not flickering,YET.
I can't believe that would fix this problem. And from what I read, it may not even be the head unit.
In case anyone asks, battery cables are tight and working.
And I don't have green headlights, yes, I been reading those posts
Thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Mine comes on flickering, then goes black shortly there after. The other night it stopped for a little while, but it's back..

I wish I could get it fixed, but the more I look at the features, the more I'm thinking I'm just going to buy a Pioneer x-90bt..

Quick Reply: Flickering NAV screen..