PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dealing on an H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Default RE: Dealing on an H3

ORIGINAL: Cruizer

Superior Blue/Ebony

There is another very similarly equiped that is Boulder Grey/Ebony.

The trailering 'equipment' is the hitch and wiring. I thought the Trailering Package was an adapter plug and something else I don't need(?)
Same thing..it's the wiring and plug kit for the trailer lights + the actual trailer Hitch receiver, where you stick in a trailer ball.

See here..I have this reverse sensor mounted in the trailer hitch receiver where the ball would ordinarily go..and the plug is the thingy on the side with the wire going to it, this would ordinarily be where the trailer electrical would plug into for the lights.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:08 PM

OK My impression from the hummer site is that it is a 7 to 4 pin adapter (We use a 6 pin and already own an adapter), a power outlet at the rear (don't need that), and a hitch cover (don't need that). However, sounds like the outlet would be already installed on the vehicle, the hitch cover might come off and the adapter might be in the glove box or something. Just wondering if this is something they can remove from the vehicle if I don't want it.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:02 PM

O Just wondering if this is something they can remove from the vehicle if I don't want it.
Anything can be removed..But in this case it maybe better to except it as a bonus..helps with resale too...The only real down side if you are wanting to remove it..The bumper is special cut to fit the hitch...You'd also have to get a new bumper...So it might come in handy someday, you never know.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM

OK wait, I think you are misunderstanding me. I want the hitch. I just don't want the adapter parts. They list them seperately.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 AM

OK wait, I think you are misunderstanding me. I want the hitch. I just don't want the adapter parts. They list them seperately.
All righty then....Maybe this will help

This is a picture of the electrical plug receptical on the car..now sorta hard wired in permanent (part of Trailering package).

This here is the box it all comes in...$150.00

And this is what's left over in the box..Two different plug adapters (they should adapt to most trailer plug applications) and a Hitch receiver cover for when you don't have anything in the receiver....

Maybe I assumed you knew..if you tow a trailer, it needs to have all the rear lights working on it...A law in every State...So the Tow hitch and the electrical hook ups go hand in hand...Even though it is listed as a seperate option... why they didn't package it as all one option..who knows? Never the less, it still goes with the tow hitch package..kinda a both or nothing kinda deal..

Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: retnuh5

I just looked on the gm supplier discount web site and they are letting those who can get the supplier discount to extend it to 2 family or friends from now to May 31, 2006. So if you know anyone who gets a supplier discount, ask them to look into it for you.

That what i got but it can be used by me or another family member i can get it anytime but the catch is if the ever find out you have to keep it for 6 months

Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Maybe I assumed you knew..if you tow a trailer, it needs to have all the rear lights working on it...
Uh yeah, know that. All I'm saying is that it should have a wiring harness (7 prong) without the crap in your pic. All of our trailers are wired for 6 prong and we once ran into this problem before so we bought a 7 to 6 instead of rewiring 3 trailers. Enough said, the outlet is wired onto the vehicle therefore it has to come with it. (Or perhaps the 'electrical outlet' refers to the 7 prong not an actual electrical outlet - I have seen an actual electrical outlet in a similar location on a different vehicle before as well.)

Old 04-05-2006, 03:51 AM

I am surprised they are saying there is no protection package. They will also add a doc. fee around $400-$500, and wanted another $300 for thief protection which is the numbers eched into the windows. Let the games begin. The Phx. dealers are impossible- i did not drive to las Vegas for the fun of it. Please let us know how it works out. Remember, Las Vegas is only another 5 hours away which i believe will save you another $1000 to $1500 at least.
By the way, on the internet they gave me an intially good price but when i got there they said they made a mistake and it was really another $1400 more (this was the Tuscan dealer- Royal Hummer/Buick). They all play games. Buying a new car is now as much fun as a root canal.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Maybe I assumed you knew..if you tow a trailer, it needs to have all the rear lights working on it...
Uh yeah, know that. All I'm saying is that it should have a wiring harness (7 prong) without the crap in your pic. All of our trailers are wired for 6 prong and we once ran into this problem before so we bought a 7 to 6 instead of rewiring 3 trailers. Enough said, the outlet is wired onto the vehicle therefore it has to come with it. (Or perhaps the 'electrical outlet' refers to the 7 prong not an actual electrical outlet - I have seen an actual electrical outlet in a similar location on a different vehicle before as well.)
Sorry to have wasted your's and my time with trying to explain all this crap!
[sm=closed.gif] as far as I'm concerned

Old 04-05-2006, 01:49 PM

Hi dilo2001gt,

My dealer tipped me off to this. It is only valid until May 31st, 2006. They are calling it the "gmsupplier discount plus".
You can extend your discount twice to a friend or family member until end of May and still keep your two vehicles a year. They are trying to drum up some gm sales. You can find the details on gmsupplierdiscount.com