PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Happy PCMFL Customer

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Default RE: Another Happy PCMFL Customer

if i geta pcm... and then add exhaust... will i need to pay and have it re programmed?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 AM

I would go ahead and get it tuned for the new exhaust, it won't kill you with the stock pipes with new tuning. One day soon you'll drop the new pipes in and it's ready to go.

If you don't install an aftermarket cold air intake you should look at least buying a K&N factory replacement high flow filter and have PCMFL tune for that too. You're only solving 2/3 of the puzzle by tuning the PCM and adding dual exhaust. You need more air flow into the engine to go with the new exhaust which should be a non-restrictive type that opens up the flow of the engine. The PCM takes advantage of these add ons to really make the H3 run great. It's worth the investment and frankly it's not that expensive, heck you can put a K&N barrel filter on for $40.00 and it's a lifetime cleanable filter that has much better flow than stock.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Jeepeater: This is THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK MOD you can do for the H3!!! I agree w/ everything Hummer Driver posted. Drivability is just plain increased everywhere, low end, mid range, and WOT. Do it, you will not be sorry, except for how long you waited to finally do it!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

I would go ahead and get it tuned for the new exhaust, it won't kill you with the stock pipes with new tuning. One day soon you'll drop the new pipes in and it's ready to go.

If you don't install an aftermarket cold air intake you should look at least buying a K&N factory replacement high flow filter and have PCMFL tune for that too. You're only solving 2/3 of the puzzle by tuning the PCM and adding dual exhaust. You need more air flow into the engine to go with the new exhaust which should be a non-restrictive type that opens up the flow of the engine. The PCM takes advantage of these add ons to really make the H3 run great. It's worth the investment and frankly it's not that expensive, heck you can put a K&N barrel filter on for $40.00 and it's a lifetime cleanable filter that has much better flow than stock.

i have the k&n replacement filter. i just need to clean it a little! haha. i think im going to get the exhaust first, then do the pcm. buti have to wait till i get my truck back. i have a loud whining noise coming from engine, and im losing power.. bad.. and i only get 12.5 mpg highway on cruise!!!! i think its due to this weird engine problem.. Thanks for all your help!!