Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Got my rattle fixed this week. Good as new so far. While it was there I showed them how the driver side front sat lower than the passenger side, and that both should probably come up a bit more anyway.

So they grinned back and told me that they would crank the bars if I would pay for the alignment. Now she is fixed and leveled. A bit firmer, so I may go Cognitos pretty soon.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Hi Guyz,

I own a 2008 H3, purchased it in March.....have the same damn problem. Got this confirmed from the local Dubai dealership - they would be changing this steering shaft during the first service [10,000kms], said would take 3 days & is still a problem GM / Hummer is regularly facing.... they said its safe to drive though....so there u have it....seems tob another legacy in the making!

Any idea on a good amplifier to go with the 6-CD Monsoon changer??

Ciao
Salil

Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

The June 2008 issue of Four Wheeler has an article on this. It states that you can pull the upper shaft off and cycle it to move the grease around or buy an aftermarket steering shaft from Borgenson Universal. It will get rid of the loose OEM shaft. It is beefier and has a lot less play.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Hello everyone i am new to the forum and i really don't know if this is the right section of the fourm to ask, i just wanna know the difference between hummer H3 2008 and hummer H3x 2008?

is it hummer H3 is 'not equipped' with any options and the H3x is 'full option' ?

can i make my hammer H3 looks like hummer h3x if i equipped my hummer h3 with 'full options' ?

is it possible to change cloth setting to lither ?

please answer it will be very appreciated..

Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 PM

[8D] hey guys brand new AKA NEWBIE!! to this forum and i have a pretty darn good suggestion for this problem, giving you a little history in my 06 h3. I had the same problem where there was some noise in the same spot and it felt as if though something was knocking at my feet through the peddles. I brought my ride into the nearest authorized hummer dealership to get it checked out (450+km's one way) and they at first thought that it might have been the steering rack. WRONG after a replacement, then they thought it was lower control arm. WRONG. after a replacement on each side. A third trip to the authorized dealership 2400+km's they thought it was a bushing WRONG!!!! after a replacement[:@][:@][:@] the relentless mechanic was running out of options as to the solution and it dawned on him (GREAT GUY!!!!!) check out the side steps for correct installation and FINALLY a solution. when the ride was sold with the side steps the steps had a bolt that was stripped at the front end and APPARENTLY every time i steered to the left or right the step would actually move and cause a knocking that was felt through the frame. the GREAT mechanic from TEE DOT took out the bolt did something to'er and re-installed the bolt and TA DAH no more knocking and noise..........hope this helps now to check out any input for exhaust systems for my h3 WOOOOOOOOO

Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I bought my H3 about a month ago and 2 days after I had it the clunking began. I took it back to them and the clunking never stopped. I finally told them that I was going to bring out to them on a monday morning and I would like a rental. I told them to call me when the clunking stopped. They had it for a day and a half and it was the body mounts. He said they where very loose. No clunking anymore, and I finally enjoy driving it.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:24 AM

Really appreciate you guys to share this problem around the world.
i am from north borneo, we have no dealer here, the closest delaership we can get is from thailand bangkok, bangkok hummer branch was awesome too.
there is only 4 units of h3 on there road here and 2 stuck in car dealer (which is not from GM).
hopefully i could get mine fix soon enough.
if anyone out there who knows where i can get parts for my H3 LUX, please let me know. thanks.

theboy
mydub.blogspot.com

Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Wink

these are photos you need to fix the rattle for H3 2007.

changed my lower steering rod. front end rattle completely gone.

hope this helps. cheers~

Name:  SNC00049.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  SNC00053.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  112.3 KB

Last edited by bennynsp; 03-03-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:38 AM

I have an 08 and I just started hearing the noise the other day, but mostly on acceleration. I am going to try and call over to the dealer this week and get them to look at it.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mfish
After a recent off roading trip I noticed a knocking noise when I go over bumps also. Inoticed my grillwas kind of loose and my headlights are also loose, so I am assuming when I go over bumps the loose grill and/or headlights are knocking around making the noise. My first impression when I heard it was that it may be the suspension, but I cant notice anything else loose except for the grill and headlights. I called Hummer today to make an appt,I amwaiting to hear back. I'll post what the problem really is after I get it back.
OMG!!! I can not believe it, I am not the only one. I was on my way to going the lemon law route with my 06 H3 when finally on the last attempt it was discovered that my grill was loose. I live on a dirt road and every time I drove my H3 it sounded like a bucket of bolts coming down the road. I even had to record it on audio for the dealership to hear that I was not crazy. They replaced everything that you can imagine, the steering shaft and all of the other normal items that everybody has experienced. They say there was a bolt that was loose and they fixed it and put some foam tape behind the grill around the headlight area. It is much better but it still makes the noise. I finally had a mediator that sat down with GM and myself and he determined that it was wear and tear. I said you have got to be kidding me, just because your guys could not figure this out and chose to change everything under my front end does not mean wear and tear. I had about 8K miles in 2 years, that is not saying much since this vehicle is designed for offroad. Needless to say I am not impressed with Hummers anymore. Now I have an H3 that has depreciated 4K in the last 4 months. Guess I will be keeping it. Hope everyone else is having a better experience than me. Now when I drive my truck and it has warmed up there is a whining sound coming from around the gas tank, maybe the fuel pump. I have to make an appt. to get it looked at. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?