Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

well we're 1-0 (new part works vs. crap) at this point. hopefully, i can make us 2-0 by 5pm today. i dropped off my ride this morning, so we'll see how it goes.

my main reason formy response is regarding the 08 loaner they gave me. base model, not too much different...INCLUDING the f-ed up steering shaft [:@]. consider this notice: the 08s have the same steering shaft issue (or at least the one im driving does).not sure if its only limited to the early 08s, but its definitely there. wish i wasnt such an expert in recognizing the noise and feel...

Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

I just purchased a 2007 H3 last week. Mine also has a rattle in the steering column that is very annoying. I spoke to the dealership about it. Come to find out they thought it was a cuppling problem. BUT...it is a part in the steering column. It is easy to fix but a pain in the butt to get to....it wouldtake about 45 minutes to fix the problem. They said this is a new problem with the later 2006 and 2007 models. He said Hummer is working on the problem, but the part is back ordered big time. So, I'm in line with the rest. GOD only knows when I get it. Hope this helps!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

The later 2006 and new 2007 models (H3) have a steering column problem. Hummer is aware of this. It can be fixed...I was told it may be a cuppling....can take about 45 minutes to fix....but the parts are way on back order. GOD only knows when mine can be replaced. Hope this helps!! Sounds like SEVERAL Hummers are affected by this problem!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 PM

Good news is it looks like the fix works. I suggest calling several dealers if there is more than one near you. The dealership I bought my H3 told me it would be over a month to get the part. The next day I called a dealer in another town and they told me if I got there the next morning they could get right to it. Needless to say, I made the trip there. Keep looking and do not just take one dealers word for it.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:32 PM

Humster3 ....I have to agree with preslb....My dealership here in NJJ said that the part isnt on any big back order list just that hummer was only shipping the part on a NEED TO HAVE basis. Been told mine will be in by end of next week. Dealer said they would have the car for the day but would probably be done earlier.....dmb7280......yea i hope with mine i can make it 3-0.......cant wait till the part is in....mine feels like it just going to fall apart sometimes......

Old 08-25-2007, 01:53 AM

I got mine back today with the new part and it appears to be the answer at this time. I could not be happier with Bob Moore's handling of the problem with me in OKC.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 AM

I can't wait for mine to come in. Hopefully it solves the problem.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 AM

425 miles after the fix and plenty of 95F weatherandvirginia roads,the new part works, no rattle and bumps in the steering column. cant complain about Moore Hummer in richmond va. , they were straight up about the faulty part and ordered the new replacement part which they also said that every 07 would have to have this part replaced. they got the new part in about a week and said they got lucky getting them this quick. hope everyone else has a speedy fix.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 AM

Going on week # 2 with the fix. I took a little trip this weekend. Drove around 400 miles round trip and had no problems with the steering problem. Maybe this is finally behind me. Good luck to everyone...

Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM

UPDATE: confirmed that the fix is solid. had it replaced last friday. plenty of heat down here in TX with no issues over the weekend. sewell of plano did a great job on the repairs (from what i can tell).

good luck to those still waiting!

lil d

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?