Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

It's really good to know that the replacement is not causing any problems.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 AM

Ithink I have this same issue, when I am cornering, i hear a rattling noise coming from the steering column. Also when driving on rough road the gas pedal appears to vibrate or something. I bought my H3 in July, figured this issue would be taken care of. If this is the same issue everyone is having, what did you tell the dealer to get it fixed? I don't want to go there and tell me there is nothing wrong.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 AM

Just tell the service department you are having a problem with the steering column and explain what is happening with your H3. They should not what you are talking about. If not there is a servicebulitin number on this thread you can tell them about. There is also a part #. Just look back a few pages.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM

does this problem and TSB affect '06's too? I had the rattle when I first bought it, and they replaced the lower column, and now its ok, but still a SLIGHT rattle, doesn't bother me at all.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Took mine in 2 days ago. They ordered my new part. Might be a month or so. It was also funny, the crappy Chevy Impala rental they gave me had the same rattle,gas,brake, steering column issue as my H3 WTF! It was much less noticble though.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM

funny what a little pressure does? I have been waiting for the new steering shaft replacement for about 1 week. I called my dealer today to see if it happened to come in early... he said no and said typically takes 1 month - in fact he said GM hasn't released the part yet so it's been on backorder due to requests. I challenged this statement and said I've not only heard it thru HummerForum that the replacements has been installed but that it's been released for some time now. The fix works too (so far) . I also told him I know Hummer dealership across town that was willing to change it for me. He said he'd call me back. 10 minutes later he said to bring my truck in and he'd install the new steering shaft--- Upon completion today (1hr) I made my service advisor show me yellow dot on the new part and the new part#25900714 on the box. GM has sent out and distinguished the new steering shaft with a splattered yellow dot on the shaft for the mechanics to tell difference betw/ old steering shaft (whitedot) and new shaft (yellowdot). Moral of the story, verify the new part number either by number or yellow color and don't believe they are always on backorder. If you make a stink about it they will find you a replacement sooner than later.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 AM

took mine to the dealer for the raddle in the front end. they said it was the steering shaft and installed the new replacement seems ok now. they said it was the new replacement shaft.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM

My Hummer Dealer just installed the replacement lower steering shaft today. (Part # 25900714) I drovemyH3around the rest of the day and I didn'tfeel or hearanyrattle or clonking noise.Hopefully, the problem doesn't happen again.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Called my dealer today, and asked him if he knew anything on the steeringshaft issue yet? I said "YET" because when I was there the 1st week in August he had no idea what I was talking about. He now is very much educated on this issue and orderd my parts today under my name. I will get something in the mail when the parts arrive.
Steve

Old 09-07-2007, 07:05 PM

FINALLY ! Today the rattle problem in my 07' H3 was repaired( first reported the second week of June) . While waiting for the part replacement at the dealership, I met a couple of pretty upset H3 owners, who by the way share the same pain some of us have been experiencing with this misteriuous rattle problem. In fact, one owner who just purchased his new 07' H3 this morning, and within a couples of miles from the dealership he returned the vehicle refusing to take it home. He was still at the dealership when it was time for me to go.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?