Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Default RE: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

"That's why a completely new lower steering shaft has been designed and is now being produced. "

i was put on list 2 weeks ago for the new designed part and was called today saying the part was in at dealership...when i first inquired about the noise two weeks ago they said GM was aware of it and was replacing it with a re-designed part. i jokingly said would it take all day to replace andthe serviceguysaid it would be less than 30 mins to do it... any word out on anyone else getting contacted about their part being in now?

also my drivers side front sits 1 inch lower, iam going to ask about that when they fix the steering shaft, should i insist on a wheel alignment also or do they do it anyways? (i know kinda stupid question...lol)

keep the skids greased!

james out

Old 08-20-2007, 02:03 PM

yes dude, request the alignment! you'd think it goes w/out saying, but some dealers think otherwise. i'm only speaking from experience b/c your alignment will definitely be off.

good luck!

lil d

Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 PM

thanks! iam trying to find the service bulliten for the leveling of the front end so iam armed with the numbers..lol

Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Does anyone with an 06 have the same problem???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Dealer (Dew Hummer St Pete) Just called me today, They will have the new steering shafts in the middle of the week they are picking up my H3 at home to get the work done

Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 AM

I just got my hummer 3 back yesterday, They had it for 9 days before they could tell me what was wrong with it. They said it was the Intermidate steering shaft. they replace it with these new parts. But I have to give it some time before i can tell if its fixed. I live in VA and the weather has been in the 80's. This weekend it will be back in the 90's. So i will let you know what happens. The part # is the same as Greenshirt77 said was the new part #. I'll keep you posted.

Part # 25900714 Shaft
Part # 26104070 Sensor

Old 08-21-2007, 01:22 PM

just got back from having my new lower shaft replaced with part# 25900714, the dealer said they were lucky to order it and actually get them in. i also got my H3 front end leveled from left to right, the drivers side was 1" lower than passengers side. i ended up getting a taller front end out of the deal. it took a few hours but they gave me a loner H3 to drive around, unfortunately it was the luxury package and i got hooked on the leather seats and permium stereo... oh well. my new hummer is feeling like new hummer with out the floor board/steering column banging..lol

hey cher, you were not in richmond today were you?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

hello,
did you ever get conclusion on the frontend pedal rattle from Lund or Kachina... wherever you purchased the H3? I bought mine at Kachina and I want to bring it in to get repaired the same time I get the oil changed. I want to be prepared explaining the pedal bumps to where they don't look at me crazy. What's your story's ending?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 PM

sorry that last reply was for alrock in phx...

Old 08-21-2007, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: jpac4lyf

hello,
did you ever get conclusion on the frontend pedal rattle from Lund or Kachina... wherever you purchased the H3? I bought mine at Kachina and I want to bring it in to get repaired the same time I get the oil changed. I want to be prepared explaining the pedal bumps to where they don't look at me crazy. What's your story's ending?
Lund knows what I'm talking about and I've got the part on order. Give your dealer the TSB # and Part # that Greenshirt provided several messages back. I didn't have to worry about him knowing about the issue--I provided him the issue and resolution at once and they are taking care of it. I don't have an ETA as to when the part is coming, I just had it ordered on 8/20.
[/align]

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?